Woohoo, just got a new digital camera!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Just today I received my brand new Sony CyberShot DSC-u30, one day early. This is the tiniest camera I've ever seen! It's about 2/3 the size of the iPod in length and width, and about an inch thick. It has a 2 megapixel CCD and only 8 MB of storage (although I have a 128 MB memory stick on order from Amazon).

I'll post some pics a little later, right now my FTP is acting up, and I have to go to work.

EDIT: Okay, here's a comparison of the camera and the iPod. They're the exact same distance away from the mirror.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Nice--I like the charcoal one. Do you miss the zoom and optical view finder?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Not really. An optical viewfinder would be kinda nice for when it's very sunny out, but I don't really mind. And I've found a few situations where a zoom would be nice to have, but I can live without that too.

As far as "missing" those features, I've never owned a digital camera before so I can't exactly "miss" them.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    cyloncylon Posts: 126member
    I just bought a new one also on ebay. Got the Olympus C-750. Only had a chance to play with it for a short time, but I love it. The 10x optical zoom rocks. With 4 Megapixels, the quality of the photos is also excellent. Would highly recommend for anyone looking.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    you need to tidy your room young man...
  • Reply 5 of 5
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    It's slightly cleaner now. Or cleaner-looking at least, because I stuffed most of the stuff in my closet or under the bed