any dual 2ghz g5's shipping yet?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
macrumors.com has a small blurb about some non-educational PowerMac g5 2ghz machines starting to ship. i placed my order at 1pm the day of the announcement, and i have not got a ship confromation, has anyone outthere had their duel 2ghz ship yet? and if so when did you order?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    The preauthorization charge on my credit card that was there for months then went away after the bumped ship dates is back, but no actual charge yet. Don't know how significant that is...

No word on shipping yet.
  • Reply 2 of 24
    Duellin' Banjo (Billy) G5!!!!
  • Reply 3 of 24
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    I think the word you are looking for is 'dual'
  • Reply 4 of 24
    I just order mine finally and they said they believe it will ship on the 19th of October. I guess that is not too bad. The two 23" Apple LCD's will be here on Saturday. Can't Wait.
  • Reply 5 of 24
    I am pleased to write that this post is my first on my new standard configuration Dual G5. It arrived yesterday. I ordered the first day, a standard conf. since I was confident that would arrive sooner than a custom build.

It is sweet. Also Apple sent it second day even though I ordered ground and never pressured them about the addition 2 week delay.

Oh yea, I did order under the Federal Employee program if that makes a difference.
  • Reply 6 of 24
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gusman

I am pleased to write that this post is my first on my new standard configuration Dual G5. It arrived yesterday. I ordered the first day, a standard conf. since I was confident that would arrive sooner than a custom build.

It is sweet. Also Apple sent it second day even though I ordered ground and never pressured them about the addition 2 week delay.

Oh yea, I did order under the Federal Employee program if that makes a difference.

pictures, pictures, pictures!!!
  • Reply 7 of 24
    Of all the digital stuff I have in my household I haven't yet added a digital camera, so I can't help out with pictures. I haven't openned the machine yet, but look forward to it this afternoon when the extra RAM I ordered should show up (1 Gig from Crucial - they are giving free shipping right now)

If the call for pictures is just to verify my statements, all I can say to all those waiting as I was, one day your email notification will be in your mail. And I would expect it will be very soon, since the Fed program would seem to hold no priority (about a 10% discount) like students and edu. might.

I worked for years programming on Windows environment, and have just dabbled with my dear Mac's (left over from college days). I am in the process of moving all my new work onto the G5 and really look forward to NOT using my PC except for a few games, and really getting into OS X.
  • Reply 8 of 24
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Banjo Billy has anyone outthere had their duel 2ghz ship yet? and if so when did you order? [/B]

I ordered 6/26.

Still have est ship date of 9/23. Not so bad at this point
  • Reply 9 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by lundy

I ordered 6/26.

Still have est ship date of 9/23. Not so bad at this point

i have an estimated ship date of 9/29.and i orderd the first day. but then again i put in 2x250gig hard drives radeon 9800 airport extreem and so forth,not terrible, but i kina need the machine asap. i got things to do!
  • Reply 10 of 24
    qaziiqazii Posts: 305member
    For those in the first batch (those who had a 8/29 date at some point) who haven't gotten a shipping notice yet, did you CTO a 250GB drive or more than 1GB of RAM? It's rumored that the bigger drives and 1GB RAM modules are causing delays.
  • Reply 11 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by qazII

For those in the first batch (those who had a 8/29 date at some point) who haven't gotten a shipping notice yet, did you CTO a 250GB drive or more than 1GB of RAM? It's rumored that the bigger drives and 1GB RAM modules are causing delays.

Nope, mine's a standard config, BUT I ordered on July 10, which puts me about 3/4 of the way back in the first group of orders (I had an 8/29 date, now 9/22).

It's probably a combination of what CTO (if any) changes you made, and what your order date was.
  • Reply 12 of 24
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    My CTO order just shipped last night, Thursday 9/18. I ordered it in July and its ETA was bumped all the way to October. Luckily, it looks like I may be receiving the machine on Monday. Woohoo!
  • Reply 13 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

My CTO order just shipped last night, Thursday 9/18. I ordered it in July and its ETA was bumped all the way to October. Luckily, it looks like I may be receiving the machine on Monday. Woohoo!

interesting Xool, that's the first July order I've seen shipped. Thanks for posting that.
  • Reply 14 of 24
    I just got an email from the apple store:

---

Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 03:38:22 -0700 (PDT)

Sehr geehrte Kundin, sehr geehrter Kunde,

mit diesem Schreiben erhalten Sie die Versandbestätigung zu Ihrer Apple Store Bestellung.

Bestelldatum: 28-08-2003

Produktreihe Teilenummer Beschreibung Menge Kosten

000010 M9032D/A G5DP2.0/512MB400/160/SD/R9600/PCI-X-DEU 1 EA

000020 M8405ZM/A APPLE DVD-R MEDIA 5 PACK-ZML 1 EA

---

In english: it shipped today !!!

I originally ordered on 21 August, but Apple Loan only completed on the 28th, so that was then stated as the order date.

I have never gotten any estimated shipping date, only: "5 to 7 weeks".

It seems the order status in europe is quite different from the one in the US.

And I ordered a stock config Dual 2.0 GHz G5, because I thought changing anything would just make the shipping slower.

• Reply 15 of 24
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FreakTornado

interesting Xool, that's the first July order I've seen shipped. Thanks for posting that.

No problem. I placed my order on July 15, in case you're interested.
  • Reply 16 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by alfrank

It seems the order status in europe is quite different from the one in the US.

I'd have to say you're correct about that.

Seems that a lot of people that ordered within the first few days still haven't received any notice of shipment.

So consider yourself lucky!

Enjoy your new machine.
  • Reply 17 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by ryukyu

So consider yourself lucky!

Enjoy your new machine.

I definately will, as soon as it arrives !!!

• Reply 18 of 24
    CTO D2G: No modem, Bluetooth

Order Date: 7/19

Shipped: 9/19 !

Excellent. This replaces a B&W 300 (guess I like rev A's). Now VPC better get fixed Real Soon Now or my WAF is gone

• Reply 19 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by tjosal

CTO D2G: No modem, Bluetooth

Order Date: 7/19

Shipped: 9/19 !

Excellent. This replaces a B&W 300 (guess I like rev A's). Now VPC better get fixed Real Soon Now or my WAF is gone

aaarrrrggg the anticipation hurts my soul!!!!!!

i want my duel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 20 of 24
    Has anyone received a dual from a reseller? Like MacConnection or Amazon or etc?