Apple "Think Different" posters - Increasing in value

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey everyone. I was cleaning up my office the other day and started sorting through a bunch of posters I've collected over the years. I opened one tube up and it was three 24x36" "Think Different" posters I had received when I purchased my Sawtooth years ago. I had just recently read an article about the values of the posters going up, so I headed over to ebay and searched for "think different poster" to see where the values were at. I couldn't believe my eyes!

I have the first edition 24x36" Albert Einstein, Mahatma Gandhi, and Pablo Picasso posters.

One 24x36 Picasso poster is currently at: $81.69

A 24x36 Gandhi poster is currently at: $182.50

There are no 24x36 Albert Einstein posters listed because apparently, they're the second rarest "Think Different" poster Apple produced. And I have one!

Immediately I got bit by lust and put together a <a href="http://homepage.mac.com/danherwig/PhotoAlbum3.html"; target="_blank">.Mac photo album</a> to support my auction. I took a few photos and started writing some detailed descriptions for listing them on Ebay.

But now I'm having second thoughts. Should I hold on to them and see if they appreciate in value? Do I auction them off and buy an iPod? Does anyone know what the Einstein poster is actually worth?!

Comments

• Reply 2 of 18
    discodisco Posts: 83member
    Thanks for the link. However, the posters that are listed are the very common 11x17" "educator" series and a reprint 30 x 20" edition. Anyone else have and information or experience in collecting these posters?
  • Reply 3 of 18
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    i have most of them... purchased on eBay over the years.

unfortunately i lack series one as they were always more money than i could afford, especially now

i would never sell my collection of apple posters and other collector stuff.... its too cool and and stuff.
  • Reply 4 of 18
    So, you're suggesting I hold on to them? I could use the proceeds towards a new 17 inch PowerBook you know...
  • Reply 5 of 18
    Woohoo!! Someone just emailed me and flat-out offered me $200 for the Einstein poster. I guess it's worth at least that much. I think I'll still try my luck on Ebay however.

On a funnier/sadder note, I just realized that when I moved in June of last year, I threw out another 3 "Think Different" posters that I had in a tube. I don't remember which ones they were exactly. Probably better off that way...
  • Reply 6 of 18
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Keep them. I've never been tempted to sell mine. I do sometimes wonder how much my Dylan posted is worth though.
  • Reply 7 of 18
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    U should keep them. $200 is not much of a help in buying a PB anyway

And in a few years time, these posters may be worth even more! Be patient!
  • Reply 8 of 18
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    Cool! I have my think different posters (Picasso, Edison and Hitchcock) on the wall in my office (pls remember that I program software for PC's). Nice to know that my Ghandi is worth something.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I have one of those books too. Wow, I'm glad its value has increased... surprising actually.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    There's a big Edison one hanging on the wall in the computer lab...

The teacher might be happy to hear how much they're going for.

• Reply 12 of 18
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Spart

There's a big Edison one hanging on the wall in the computer lab...

The teacher might be happy to hear how much they're going for.

Same at my school. They have a 24x36 Einstien, or I should say had. Stupid teacher threw it out over the summer.
  • Reply 13 of 18
    Those posters are all over the place at my school, in poor condition or laminated. Teachers were once handing the smaller posters out as text book covers.
  • Reply 14 of 18
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    The one thats on the wall in my school is pretty much mint condition. It's not bent up, not faded, doesn't have a bunch of holes from thumb tacks. I'm pretty sure it's on the wall with that weird sticky playdough stuff...
  • Reply 15 of 18
    Lucky Bastards. I wish I had some of these posters. I was going to buy a Sinatra for mz roomates birthday last year, until I found out how much one would cost me. They're great posters. >I'd hold on to them. Both because I'd want to keep the poster for its own sake and also because, they Will only go up in value.
  • Reply 16 of 18
    Hey, do they sell some of that stuff they on 'missingbite.com' at the apple stores? That Apple lock they have would be mighty awesome.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nwhysee

Hey, do they sell some of that stuff they on 'missingbite.com' at the apple stores? That Apple lock they have would be mighty awesome.

Nope.
  • Reply 18 of 18
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Quote:

Originally posted by disco

Hey everyone. I was cleaning up my office the other day and started sorting through a bunch of posters I've collected over the years. I opened one tube up and it was three 24x36" "Think Different" posters I had received when I purchased my Sawtooth years ago. I had just recently read an article about the values of the posters going up, so I headed over to ebay and searched for "think different poster" to see where the values were at. I couldn't believe my eyes!

I have the first edition 24x36" Albert Einstein, Mahatma Gandhi, and Pablo Picasso posters.

One 24x36 Picasso poster is currently at: $81.69

A 24x36 Gandhi poster is currently at: $182.50

There are no 24x36 Albert Einstein posters listed because apparently, they're the second rarest "Think Different" poster Apple produced. And I have one!

Immediately I got bit by lust and put together a <a href="http://homepage.mac.com/danherwig/PhotoAlbum3.html"; target="_blank">.Mac photo album</a> to support my auction. I took a few photos and started writing some detailed descriptions for listing them on Ebay.

But now I'm having second thoughts. Should I hold on to them and see if they appreciate in value? Do I auction them off and buy an iPod? Does anyone know what the Einstein poster is actually worth?!

Did anyone ever see a Seinfeld poster? I was told they made one for Jerry after Seinfeld finished its last episode.