Gasp! Motorola in trouble?! CEO steps down...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I know you're as shocked as I am, but apparently MOT has been in trouble for years! Yes, apparently their CEOs ineptitude has driven the company into the ground, losing vast chunks of the cellphone and semiconductor businesses!

read on!

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/20/te...20MOTO.html?hp

Why the board did not get this guy to step down, say, three years ago is beyond me. Oh well, Nokia and intel love MOT, even if mac users hate MOT.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    James beat you to the punch.

Thread: http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=30832
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Are you seriously saying you just noticed that Motorola blows goats? They have been run into the ground by that moron Galvin! They ppretty much miss judged every business decision for the past 7 years. They have lost money for a long time. Oh but they did just sign a huge partnership deal with Microsoft so I guess everything will be better now.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

Why the board did not get this guy to step down, say, three years ago is beyond me. Oh well, Nokia and intel love MOT, even if mac users hate MOT. [/B]

because the "guy" (christopher galvin) is the grandson of the founder and i believe only the third ceo (his father being the second) and usually that means most of the people on the board were put there by mr. galvin's father or grandfather. that tends to get you a second chance or two. but it even makes it more extraordinary his stepping down....it be like bill ford leaving ford or ernie coka leaving coca cola.....wait a minute. there is no ernie coka, i was making a joke!
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Oh well, Nokia and intel love MOT, even if mac users hate MOT.

Uh, as a Nokia employee I am not a fan of Motorola. We use TI chips not Moto.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by GreggWSmith

Uh, as a Nokia employee I am not a fan of Motorola. We use TI chips not Moto.

i think it meant they love them because moto makes such shite. and has given back so much market-share.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    As much as I enjoy seeing threads discussing how shitty Motorolla is, and how much their CEO should die, let's keep it to the thread Amorph started earlier:

The End of an Era at Motorola