Is it just me, or is Jobs losing his hair?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Or maybe he just got a real short buzz cut.

The photos from the Paris expo look like he's ready to enlist in the army.

Or perhaps he's just losing hair worrying over rumour sites.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I think, if anything, it would be Motorola.

Then Phil always asking to use his bathroom and whatnot.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:

Wouldn't we have to see a picture of your head to answer that.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    He's been losing his hair ever since his mid-twenties...like most dudes...
  • Reply 4 of 17
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Maybe he's taking a cue from Ive...
  • Reply 5 of 17
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dfiler

Wouldn't we have to see a picture of your head to answer that.

http://www.apple.com/uk/hotnews/arti...e_gallery.html

• Reply 6 of 17
    I think he's had that buzz for a year or so now.

Steve's hair through the years:

-- circa 1972

-- late '70s (and no, that's not Noah Wyle)

• Reply 7 of 17
    Now see, this is why I love Mac fanatics. We follow Apple so closely we're even watching the CEO's HAIRLINE. Too classic. :-D
  • Reply 8 of 17
    http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/expo03/

The keynote is now partially available. they only put up 12 minutes or so, including the powerbook and wireless gear intro's. you can see his lack of hair in motion now
  • Reply 9 of 17
    kanekane Posts: 392member
    Quote:

Originally posted by highfalutintodd

Now see, this is why I love Mac fanatics. We follow Apple so closely we're even watching the CEO's HAIRLINE. Too classic. :-D

=) Indeed!
  • Reply 10 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by satchmo

Hah! That was the first thing I thought when I watched the keynote stream this morning.

Obviously he is!
  • Reply 11 of 17
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member

That always cracks my up...he has like 4 water bottles at every keynote.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    As made painfully clear with each keynote webcast, quicktime has a few serious problems left.

As to be expected, it craps out and only a restart will allow quicktime to play the stream again. This has been bitched about for years on nearly every discussion board.

How the hell are we supposed to keep tabs on job's hair and still maintain our uptime?
  • Reply 13 of 17
    Oh gosh ... my hair looks like Steve's in 1972!!!

How much does Evian pay to be in hte keynotes?
  • Reply 14 of 17
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I think he's just got an ultra-short, clipped cut going on. Yeah, he's got a high forehead and perhaps some top thinning, but it's more like Phil Collins than Joe Biden...receding gracefully as opposed to clumping out.

And he's doing the right thing too: guys getting thin or losing their hair ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS look a gazillion times better when they crop it close and keep it neat. There are few things on the planet worse than some guy doing the futile "spaghetti wrap" thing or growing a stupid "ape cape" in the back to compensate for what's going away in the front/top.

Have some grace about it. You look better with a short, trimmed look when you're at that stage. Low maintenance too. AND it sends a subtle signal that "hey, yeah...so what?" that combovers and forced bushiness just can't (and don't) convey.

When/if mine starts to go, I'll gladly adopt the "clipped/trimmed" look. Much nicer.

• Reply 15 of 17
    Is there no' a lesson tae be learned here? Look my brithers and behold the futility o' building up treasures on Earth whaur moths may devour and thieves break in and steal. For a' the man's immeasurable wealth and power the fickle fingers o' fate have plucked him damn near bald as an optical mouse. When once he micht hae snapped his fingers in the face o' destiny wi' the rash imperiousness o' the computer magnate (or King Canute) he - like a' before him - has been humbled: Brocht tae hirsute ruin as the sands o time run oot.

Surely his lang, winding path through the years is strewn as much wi' his erstwhile lang winding hair as his computer products. Like thistledown in the wind the richly flowing locks o' his youth hae blawn far, far awa' upon the cauld winds o' time as he enters his autumn, and neither piety nor wit nor running Quicktime backwards can bring it back again. Therefore let those o' us whose scalps are still cossetted neath' richly woven blankets o' finest follicular thread reflect on the fact that even the G5 cannae stop baldness.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    kanekane Posts: 392member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sir Mac o' the Isles

Is there no' a lesson tae be learned here? Look my brithers and behold the futility o' building up treasures on Earth whaur moths may devour and thieves break in and steal. For a' the man's immeasurable wealth and power the fickle fingers o' fate have plucked him damn near bald as an optical mouse. When once he micht hae snapped his fingers in the face o' destiny wi' the rash imperiousness o' the computer magnate (or King Canute) he - like a' before him - has been humbled: Brocht tae hirsute ruin as the sands o time run oot.

Surely his lang, winding path through the years is strewn as much wi' his erstwhile lang winding hair as his computer products. Like thistledown in the wind the richly flowing locks o' his youth hae blawn far, far awa' upon the cauld winds o' time as he enters his autumn, and neither piety nor wit nor running Quicktime backwards can bring it back again. Therefore let those o' us whose scalps are still cossetted neath' richly woven blankets o' finest follicular thread reflect on the fact that even the G5 cannae stop baldness.

Keep the faith dude! Stay of the crack!!
  • Reply 17 of 17
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

I think he's just got an ultra-short, clipped cut going on. Yeah, he's got a high forehead and perhaps some top thinning, but it's more like Phil Collins than Joe Biden...receding gracefully as opposed to clumping out.

And he's doing the right thing too: guys getting thin or losing their hair ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS look a gazillion times better when they crop it close and keep it neat. There are few things on the planet worse than some guy doing the futile "spaghetti wrap" thing or growing a stupid "ape cape" in the back to compensate for what's going away in the front/top.

Have some grace about it. You look better with a short, trimmed look when you're at that stage. Low maintenance too. AND it sends a subtle signal that "hey, yeah...so what?" that combovers and forced bushiness just can't (and don't) convey.

When/if mine starts to go, I'll gladly adopt the "clipped/trimmed" look. Much nicer.

Speaking as one whose hairline has begun to wage a slow and steady retreat, I can say that Mr. jobs is dealing with it well. It is a complete fashion CRIME to grow your hair long when you are loosing it. Can you see anyone buying a Mac if Jobs demoed it with a combover? Talk about used car salesman...