Saddam in Secret Talks with US Forces.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
According to AFP sources..

Saddam has been in secret negotiations with US forces for the last few days..

He is seeking safe passage out of Iraq to a third country in exchange for imformation pertainng to WOMD and to his personal bank accounts...

President Bush is said to be fully aware of these developments..

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    Hmmm,

What if they're not negotiating with Saddam, but with one of his doubles instead? After all, only a very small circle of people would recognise the real one.

This scheme would allow the US forces to finally "discover" WOMD, which they would plant somewhere as they haven't found any in the past few months, which probably means that there AREN'T any. Then they claim that they've found WOMD based upon the "information" provided by "Saddam", thus justifying their starting the war.

The double gets asylum in some arabic country and Bush can focus on his upcoming re-election campaign...

/wild speculation mode
  • Reply 2 of 24
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquafire

According to AFP sources..

Saddam has been in secret negotiations with US forces for the last few days..

He is seeking safe passage out of Iraq to a third country in exchange for imformation pertainng to WOMD and to his personal bank accounts.

There is something VERY fishy here...

If there is WoMDs then Saddam didn´t secretly make them in his bedroom, put it into some barrels and take it to a place in the desert and bury them there all alone.

How many Iraqis know where they are? And how many of those would be more than interested in giving their information for free passage? The answer is not "Only Saddam".

If a deal is struck with Saddam that give him passage for information on WoMDs I´ll bet anything that we are lied to.

Rumsfeld: "Hi Saddam old pal. You know what? I can see you talking on your sattelite phone right now through the scope of a F16!"

Saddam: "Please don´t kill me. I´ll do anything."

R: "Okay everything for you S. Actually we are in a bit of problems ourself so you can help me a little bit. I´ll let you go to tropical island X with a few million dollars. All you have to do for me is two things. Tell me where you have stacked your green. And when we say you told us where all the WoMDs is you say nothing to counter that okay?"

S: "But there is no WoMDs"

***A tree next to Saddam is sent into orbit by the F16***

R: "There was some noise on the line so I didn´t hear the last thing you said"

S: "I said you have a deal"
  • Reply 3 of 24
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    [b]Originally posted by Segovius [/i]

"...... Saddam always was and still is on the payroll - just like Obl and all the other tin pot tyrants the US set-up to the dirty work and then use as a bogey. "

If that's the casme old fruit...then we can safely add:

The venerable...Pol Potty...

Zimabwee's President Mugable..

Argentines' General Pinnochio

Iran's late Ayatollah Kumoverhere

& last but not least..that corrupt ( but Loveable )

Palestinian "Ringo Star lookalike"...

Chair-lady AraFart..

Ps welcome back....
  • Reply 4 of 24
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

You bet your @ss he is, Aqua old bean: Saddam always was and still is on the payroll - just like Obl ...

When were Saddam and OBL on the US "payroll"? Never. Just another lie that gets repeated until we all take it as fact.
  • Reply 5 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

When were Saddam and OBL on the US "payroll"? Never. Just another lie that gets repeated until we all take it as fact.

Oh, please. Call it what you like, but we supported both Saddam and the Afghan mujahedeen for years. Reagan even called the mujahedeen the "moral equivalent of our founding fathers"!
  • Reply 6 of 24
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

It is stupid to claim they are on the payroll now.

It is stupid to claim they were never supported by us.

See how either pair of radical-political-party-tinted glasses makes you look like a jackass?
  • Reply 7 of 24
    Quote:

Scott, time to stop diggin' that hole...
  • Reply 8 of 24
    Quote:

Scott, time to stop diggin' that hole...
  • Reply 9 of 24
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Very fishy. It's almost 2004. Gotta find that WOMD.
  • Reply 10 of 24
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Apple insider : news and rumor.

Now : introducing Apple outsider : news and rumors.

Like his big brothers, the rumor section is the most crazy ...
  • Reply 11 of 24
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Uh, gee... can we have a couple links to back this assertion up? AFP sources? What / Who are those? Seems to me AFP's home page has nothing on this. More data... please?

Let's seee: nothing in the Washington Post, nothing in the New York Times, nothing in the Globe & Mail, nothing in the Tribune. Gosh, I'm going to guess if there were any legitimacy to this story at all, there'd be a major news carrier reporting it. Even just a couple.

Can someone find [some fact-based commentary] and post a link? If not, why bother with the thread?

You know, when people say things like "Saddam is negotiating with our military, and with Bush's knowledge", I tend not to be gullible enough to buy it unless there is some real evidence. Partisan people are such sheep it's astounding. I don't like Bush much but even I can see there's no basis thus far for such accusations.

Please Sammi Jo, don't bother. I require respectable sources....
  • Reply 12 of 24
    Quote:

Pictures never lie...ok, I'm going back to my bombshelter now...
  • Reply 13 of 24
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    **** off Artman you liberal commie bastard!!!!! You know that pictured was doctored by liberals!!!!!
  • Reply 14 of 24
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Moogs

" Uh, gee... can we have a couple links to back this assertion up? AFP sources? What / Who are those? Seems to me AFP's home page has nothing on this. More data... please?

Let's seee: nothing in the Washington Post, nothing in the New York Times, nothing in the Globe & Mail, nothing in the Tribune. Gosh, I'm going to guess if there were any legitimacy to this story at all, there'd be a major news carrier reporting it. Even just a couple.

Can someone find [some fact-based commentary] and post a link? If not, why bother with the thread? "

My apologies Moogs..

The first I saw of it was on MSN Hotmail news. Sunday Night....

I just couldn't be bothered given how long thread links in MSN are...

But here is what I think was the original source...

http://www.arabtimesonline.com/arabt...asp?msgID=2876
  • Reply 15 of 24
    x xx x Posts: 189member
    I think it's funny that if you read the article from the source then the US isn't doing anything diabolical. However, the arab summation of the article paints the US as a bunch of back-stabbing bastards, which shouldn't surprise anyone.

Here we go...Here's the source: http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/
  • Reply 16 of 24
    Yes...interesting....link you got there...8)
  • Reply 17 of 24
    x xx x Posts: 189member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Aquafire

Quote:

Originally posted by X X

"I think it's funny that if you read the article from the source then the US isn't doing anything diabolical. However, the arab summation of the article paints the US as a bunch of back-stabbing bastards, which shouldn't surprise anyone."

Fixed...8)

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/

Thanks for fixing my link that you don't have up there anymore, Aquafire.

The jist of what I gathered was the US is in negotiations to string them along in hopes of finding where Saddam's located without actually having intentions of rewarding him by sending him to another country.

Personally, that seems more probably because I don't think Bush needs to find WMD to win the election, I believe he just needs to capture Saddam and make Iraqi's happier. If he can do those two things then Americans, in my opinion, will view that as success.
  • Reply 18 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by X X

Thanks for fixing my link that you don't have up there anymore, Aquafire.

The jist of what I gathered was the US is in negotiations to string them along in hopes of finding where Saddam's located without actually having intentions of rewarding him by sending him to another country.

Personally, that seems more probably because I don't think Bush needs to find WMD to win the election, I believe he just needs to capture Saddam and make Iraqi's happier. If he can do those two things then Americans, in my opinion, will view that as success.

Maybe Bush is waiting to enter the Capital at the head of a truimphal army..aka the Roman empire model ...with Saddam in leg irons at the front: along with the rest of the 51 packet of cards....

Bush could even wear a toga while Colin Powell walking to his side whispers in his ear.." Vitori dolcem et Fugit "

" Victory is sweet ....but fleeting "
  • Reply 19 of 24
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    It doesn't seem too farfetched that Saddam could theoretically have made contact with US leadership, offering them the location of the WoMD and the names of the people who can tell him apart from his doubles. We find the WoMD and produce a mangled corpse of "Saddam," and we threaten/kill/pay off everyone who would be able to tell it's not him. Saddam gets a disguise and lives out the rest of his years in South America or something. He's getting old anyway, maybe it's time for him to retire. Bush, meanwhile, gets big publicity just in time for the elections. It's a win/win situation for the big powers of the world, and in the meantime a nasty dictator and a bunch of weapons have been removed.
  • Reply 20 of 24
    I'd make a deal with SH for a couple billion bucks. I'd use it to hire assassins to kill him in transit. Whoops? Did I lie to you? Sorry! But thanks for the check!