Remote Desktop Connection

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi all,

Quick question, how the hell do I type in a backslash(\\) when I'm using RDC. It keeps coming up with a hash. As most Windows users will know, and maybe some of you mac heads too, that the crux of windows networking, is based on UNC paths, which just happens to be \\\\servername\

esource!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only way I can get round it at the moment is by copying a \\ to the clop board via character map :-S, which isn't a great way around things.

Cheers

Timiano

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Copy it from somewhere and leave it on your clipboard. Paste as necessary. Rinse and repeat.

At least until you can mash enough buttons to find it.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I said I already done the copying and pasting thing, but its just a royal pain in the ass.

And, I've mashed my keyboard beyond existence :-S

Any other ideas folks!

Tim
  • Reply 3 of 6
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Well, at least my advice was good for a bump...
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Very true,

Thanks

Tim
  • Reply 5 of 6
    c5jc5j Posts: 25member
    I just started to use remote desktop connection and I wonder HOW do I maximize the window?? My remote windows doesn't fit in the standard window now... Otherwise a cool thingy..
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by c5j

I just started to use remote desktop connection and I wonder HOW do I maximize the window?? My remote windows doesn't fit in the standard window now... Otherwise a cool thingy..

I had the same issue. Very easy fix. Bring up your RDC client. BEFORE you enter a pc/server/ to remote into there is an options arrow that is kinda hidden. Pull that down. Bam. Theres all your options. Hope this helps!