Congrats Mac-Boy Aaron Sorkin

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Just won the 2nd straight Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series for The West Wing. WAY TO GO AARON!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by filmmaker2002

Just won the 2nd straight Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series for The West Wing. WAY TO GO AARON!!!

I believe he uses the Final Draft screenwriting program. I was thinking about buying a copy. Has anyone around here used it before?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    If you do screenwriting, it is a lot easier to use this product than trying to do styles in MS Word, especially when you have a lot of short dialogs or you want to highlight a specific part. A very good product for what it does (ie. its not a word processor for writing a novel). But don't believe me, find out for yourself. They do have a demo you can download from www.finaldraft.com
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by JimDreamworx

If you do screenwriting, it is a lot easier to use this product than trying to do styles in MS Word, especially when you have a lot of short dialogs or you want to highlight a specific part. A very good product for what it does (ie. its not a word processor for writing a novel). But don't believe me, find out for yourself. They do have a demo you can download from www.finaldraft.com

Thanks. Yeah, I've been writing all my scripts using Word. Everyone looks at me crazy when I tell them that and I wasn't really aware of how much extra work I was creating for myself. I think I'll download the demo this afternoon.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Final Draft is pretty good, feature-wise, but it's really poorly ported to OS X. Sophocles for Windows looks really nice, but it's not available for Mac.

I own Final Draft, however, and use it often. Works well for what I need it for, and it's a hell of a lot easier than trying to format in a normal text editor.