SixtyForce

Comments

• Reply 41 of 75
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Well like I've been saying, how the hell come this isn't in OS X from the start? This would prevent image shift in games and some movies. I reeeally hope Panther adds this. If Gerrit and Richard Banister can do it, Apple can. No excuses.

It is.
  • Reply 42 of 75
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Then why do all games produce image tearing? Even small ones like Captain Bumper, which looks silky smooth on iMac G3s in OS 9? Is it a hidden feature and if so how do I turn it on.
  • Reply 43 of 75
    So no one can answer that, even programmer?

Beta 4 is out and it's fücking cool. Gfx still glitch and lag a bit and audio sounds bizarre but the speed is almost realtime in Mario Kart. It's getting there. Gooooo Gerrit goooo. kim kap sol sounds like you had a good friday night.
  • Reply 44 of 75
    Lockinated!!!! Trogdor!!!!!!! That was awesome brad.
  • Reply 45 of 75
    Hey HS any news on the mupen front?
  • Reply 46 of 75
    Quote:

Hey HS any news on the mupen front?

Flea, the author of the mupen port, has just updated VisualBoy Advance...so I'm sure Mac mupen 0.3 is close.

mupen 0.3 is supposed to bring a bit more speed and a bit more compatibility.

But, yeah, sixtyforce is fast becoming amazing!

The ported glN64 plugin is making games some games have near-perfect graphics. The mupen sound plugin (low CPU usage) has allowed sixtyforce to get full framerates on many, many games on my 2x800MHz G4.
  • Reply 47 of 75
    Yes the graphics are getting there, still a bit shady, sometimes stutter and go 70% speed on my 867mhz powerbook mini. But the sound, eh, sounds like a lawn mower. Why does HIGH level n64 emulation go so slow, the playstation emulator from Connectix was developed years ago and worked flawlessly. Just wondering. Congrats to gerrit and Flea for persevering. Nintendo forever!
  • Reply 48 of 75
    New version out. Finally it is shareware, you need a serial for full screen. I think this is good, I want SixtyForce to keep getting better. It's really getting there! Speed is almost there. Sound is much much MUCH better now in Mariokart, for example. Still a little ragged but almost there.

Can't wait for Mupen to get full speed on a 867mhz G4. Hopefully SixtyForce will be full speed on my PowerBook 867mhz by the time Panther roles around. does anyone with a faster computer get full speed on SixtyForce? Like when you are selecting characters in MarioKart, where it lags for me.
  • Reply 49 of 75
    It is not wrong to discuss SixtyForce and N64 ROMs or even use them. All the ones I refer to I own. This is why Sony is gay when they bought VGS and killed it. They LOSE money on the Playstation, the mother****ers. I bought the damn game. Besides, the N64 is dead. They aren't selling the N64 games anymore so policing the ROMs is just plain stupid. There is nothing to worry about concerning N64 emulators and ROMs.
  • Reply 50 of 75
    Quote:

It is not wrong to discuss SixtyForce and N64 ROMs or even use them. All the ones I refer to I own. This is why Sony is gay when they bought VGS and killed it. They LOSE money on the Playstation, the mother****ers. I bought the damn game. Besides, the N64 is dead. They aren't selling the N64 games anymore so policing the ROMs is just plain stupid. There is nothing to worry about concerning N64 emulators and ROMs.

Talking to yourself again I see. Give people a chance to reply... stop posting things... it makes you look crazy when you talk to yourself like that
  • Reply 51 of 75
    Hehe. It was a private message someone was wondering about legal issues.
  • Reply 52 of 75
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Is this new?
  • Reply 53 of 75
    Guess so.
  • Reply 54 of 75
    Quote:

New version out. Finally it is shareware, you need a serial for full screen. I think this is good, I want SixtyForce to keep getting better. It's really getting there! Speed is almost there. Sound is much much MUCH better now in Mariokart, for example. Still a little ragged but almost there.

Can't wait for Mupen to get full speed on a 867mhz G4. Hopefully SixtyForce will be full speed on my PowerBook 867mhz by the time Panther roles around. does anyone with a faster computer get full speed on SixtyForce? Like when you are selecting characters in MarioKart, where it lags for me.

I get full speed in Mario 64...Mario Kart is full speed while racing (but. like you, slowdowns in character selection menus), near-full in WaveRace, full speed in Diddy Kong Racing, full speed in Kirby 64 - The Crystal Shards, full speed in Paper Mario, and near-full speed in Super Smash Bros with occasional slowdowns.

DP 800 G4.
  • Reply 55 of 75
    Smash Brothers doesn't run at all here, the gfx don't appear. Single 867. Does SixtyForce use Duals?
  • Reply 56 of 75
    Quote:

Does SixtyForce use Duals?

No...but any program's thread that can use all of one processor (100% or close) will. So a DP has the advantage of using up one whole processor and using the other processor for the OS and other running apps that don't use much CPU.
  • Reply 57 of 75
    Just tested Mupen .3 It kicks SixtyForce's ass in speed in some areas even. Graphics are almost perfect. Audio is good but stretched out a little, a little slow. Can anyone with a faster machine see if Mupen .3 can go full speed? By the next release and on Panther I suspect I can finally play most of my N64 games full speed with audio on my PB 12". I'm psyched. Then I'll have to get an adapter for 4 controllers for it.
  • Reply 58 of 75
    I'd be much more into SixtyForce if it wasn't such a huge pain in the ass to find workable roms without having to 'vote' over and over again (fruitlessly I might add). Sigh. I miss my 64. I love Nintendo but I'm extremely unimpressed with the Gamecube and will continue to be as long as Nintendo continues to refuse market trends. At this rate, they may as well kiss their console division goodbye and concentrate solely on the GBA and software development. But this doesn't have to happen...
  • Reply 59 of 75
    That is true they have turned to crappy gimmicks. They need to get with program, come out with a hard drive based system because "memory cards" hijacking customers' money isn't going to be tolerated anymore. And wouldn't it be great if Nintendo came out with an Emulator that let you play Cube CDs in your Mac or PC? They LOSE money on hardware right, and make it on games? Sony killing Virtual Game station was just queer.
  • Reply 60 of 75
    stevesteve Posts: 523member
    Quote:

That is true they have turned to crappy gimmicks. They need to get with program, come out with a hard drive based system because "memory cards" hijacking customers' money isn't going to be tolerated anymore. And wouldn't it be great if Nintendo came out with an Emulator that let you play Cube CDs in your Mac or PC? They LOSE money on hardware right, and make it on games? Sony killing Virtual Game station was just queer.

Nintendo is the only console manufacturer to actually make money off the hardware, and they do so with reckless abandon, given all the Wavebirds, memory cards, link cables, E-readers, GB Players, etc. They sink the biggest profits with the GBA SP, by far. Game Boy price inflation knows no end.