Phone + PowerBook + Internet = Web Browsing?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
My friend has a bluetooth phone.

I have...er will have soon a PBook 15".

He has the internet on his phone.

Is there a way to connect to his internet so I can use the internet, as slow as it may be?

If so...HOW?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    In theory it's possible, but I've never gotten it to work with my P800.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I did it just this weekend with T-Mobile and my T68i using T-Zones, a limited GPRS data stream provided by T-Mobile for use only on the phone, but somebody forgot to close a port...so I was surfing all day today on my iBook and Tungsten T2 with my T68i
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Do it almost everyday with my 12 inch AL, and nokia 3650.. i have unlimited access through T-mobile for 20 bucks a month, it's not the fastest thing, but it's good for sending/checking email, all you do is select bluetooth modem adapter instead of internal modem, for setup i had to go into network settings in system prefs, enter my account name, which was my cell number, and *99# for the phone number, (that's the access # for t-mobile gprs), you have to remember the password you used to pair the computer and phone, and that's about it.. obviously your phone needs to have a gprs connection.. you should be able to put in a regular number if you have a regular dial up account, and have it work pretty much the same way, though I think it may be slower than GPRS..

for the specific phone/computer pair, there's probably info at the apple support site messageboards if you search for bluetooth modem

-solar
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Solar

Do it almost everyday with my 12 inch AL, and nokia 3650.. i have unlimited access through T-mobile for 20 bucks a month

I'm doing the same thing for $10 a month less. You should look into T-Zones Pro...that is until they figure out the loophole and close it off. They do give you UNLIMITED data though, so they can't charge you extra.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    What is T-Zones pro, haha because my friend is unlimited internet on his phone for free from some hack or something. Not really a hack but I am not going to call it phreak.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

My friend has a bluetooth phone.

I have...er will have soon a PBook 15".

He has the internet on his phone.

Is there a way to connect to his internet so I can use the internet, as slow as it may be?

If so...HOW?

I use bluetooth on my PB 12" to connect to my T68i, which has net access via GPRS. I pay £2 per MB (so I browse without images...)

It was nice to be able to send an photo e-mail when I was on holiday in Paris (PowerBook + Digital Camera + Phone).

I'm with Orange by the way.