Most blatant Apple website ripoff yet?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Check out their revolutionary 17" laptop.

http://www.go-l.com/home/

Maybe it's a tribute, not a ripoff.

No, it's a ripoff.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 62
    is this a real company?

It seems so fake... at-least they haven't figured out the real Apple font
  • Reply 2 of 62
    Like the Seinfeld episode, its a bizarro-Apple site!
  • Reply 3 of 62
    Its a fake. They say you can get a 4 GHz P4 by October 2003. That's not real.
  • Reply 4 of 62
    I just ordered a laptop and desk top from them. I am selling my 12 inch Powerbook and my G5.
  • Reply 5 of 62
    About the typeface- I could be mistaken, but it sure looks like Lucida Grande. Y'know, the system font for OS X. And yeah, they're a for-real company.
  • Reply 6 of 62
    By the way my previous post was as fake as that site seemed. No PC manufacturer makes such nice machnes.
  • Reply 7 of 62
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    SCHWEET JEEBUS! I bet you could ovetclock that thing pretty good. I still want (and have "shipping soon") a G5. But in PC terms that is pretty cool.

*DROOL* *DROOL*
  • Reply 8 of 62
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Check out the graphics here:

http://www.go-l.com/technology/index.html

They state on the same page that:

Quote:

Since creativity and innovation are associated with open-minds and breaking from the "traditional", at we believe real productiveness comes from learning attentively with others' feats, not from looking at their mistakes. And since we trust in doers more than in talkers, we've built an unique group of team players from every imaginable business field to get inspired by their individual talent, commonly obsession with making the computer products.

Are they gunning for Apple? Oh, yeah. They never say it, but they steal the Finder logo outright - twice! And they've replaced the crack-smoking speed freak who writes Apple's copy with a crack-smoking speed freak who has a tenuous grasp of the English language.

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. These look like perfectly capable PCs (and the claimed 2,800 performance enhancements to Windows XP might mean that you actually notice the speed of the P4s they ship), and it's nice to see Apple acknowledged this baldly as a trendsetter.
  • Reply 9 of 62
    Consider it a homage, not a rip-off. It's not like there aren't a million others out there who've already done it. Besides, the main header looks more like XP's title bar than a Mac.
  • Reply 10 of 62
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member

Quote:

While just trying to be different, and hopefully original...

• Reply 11 of 62
    g3prog3pro Posts: 669member
    hahaha. they really tried to get apple's website on this one. too bad apple can't do anything about it.
  • Reply 12 of 62
    Look at some more of it...

"Miracously engineered" - Means: We stuffed a desktop in a laptop.

"1.7in" thick" - Means: Way too thick

"Choose a model, News Ticker" - Copied from Apple

"3.20Ghz P4" - Has to be desktop model, there goes batt. life and portability

"Choice of optical drive" - Means: You can even choose the CD-ROM model no one wants

"Free-flow cooling technology" - Means: a fancy name for nothing

"120W Power supply" - Means: A ton. My iBook is at under 75 iBelieve.

"Weight: 7.9lbs" - Means: Ooof!
  • Reply 13 of 62
    hoax
  • Reply 14 of 62
    hahahaha you dont know the font now!!!
  • Reply 15 of 62
    Someone order something from them, so we'll know more about it.
  • Reply 16 of 62
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    ....and they even copied the ticker!? BULLSHIT!
  • Reply 17 of 62
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    That hardware looks phony. 8X DVD burner? 3.8 GHz 128-bit Intel CPU? Why haven't we heard of this before? Sounds a little wierd to me...this little startup company surely couldn't posess the fastest machine you can buy...
  • Reply 18 of 62
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

That hardware looks phony. 8X DVD burner? 3.8 GHz 128-bit Intel CPU? Why haven't we heard of this before? Sounds a little wierd to me...this little startup company surely couldn't posess the fastest machine you can buy...

Maybe not, but they do possess the most expensive:

Power Mac G5: $1999-$2999USD (pre-configured models)

MachL 3.8GHz: $3999-$7799USD (also pre-configured)
  • Reply 19 of 62
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Wow, that is truly, truly horrific in every way possible.
  • Reply 20 of 62
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Plextor has an 8x DVD±RW drive. PX-708A

3.8 GHz is supposed to be achieved via an FSB overclock from 200 MHz to ~238 MHz.

128-bit most likely refers to Intel SSE2.

This is all doable. My Windows PC is OC'd from 2.4 GHz to 2.9 GHz with nothing but a Swiftech heatsink and a very low volume fan. I'm sure I could push it well into the 3 GHz range with one of those new monster Thermalright heatsinks + a 92 mm high volume fan.