My new 17" PB sporting 1.33 GHz just arrived =)

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Enjoy with me. I know the pictures are not first class, but you can still see the PowerBook *g*

http://www.ame-electroplating.com/17/17.html

Greetings,

Martin from Germany

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    Simply beautiful. Congrats. My 15" Al arrives soon.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    I will be picking up my 15 inch Powerbook tonight. Can't wait.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    Sweet! Martin, did you opt for the 17" for the extra MHz or bigger screen?
  • Reply 4 of 14
    This pic makes the 17" look Huuuuge!!!

http://www.ame-electroplating.com/17...en/Bild13.html

http://www.ame-electroplating.com/17...ten/Bild0.html

He He...

[edit: I don't seem to be able to manage to put pictures up...

]

Changed to links - you were using page URLs inside your IMG tags, not the actual photo locations. The images would have been too large to link directly anyhow, so we'll just leave them as links. - murbot
  • Reply 5 of 14
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    My 15" shipped today so i expect it on wednesday.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    Martin, Congratulations!

Got my 17" today too. Beautiful machine.

Question for you. When I close mine there's a noticable (though even) gap between top and bottom as if the latch need to be adjusted to close tighter. Is yours like this too? I might have to put little rubber bumpers in there if it can't be adjusted tighter. I doubt if it can be adjusted without a trip to the mothership. Any other 17" PowerBook owners notice the loose closure?
  • Reply 7 of 14
    actually my 15in 1.25 alu had a gap as well. Except the one with the gap had a latch problem which seems to be appearing more often now. Apple gave me a replacement and the gap seems to be smaller from what I can remember.

Josiah
  • Reply 8 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by howyoudoin

actually my 15in 1.25 alu had a gap as well. Except the one with the gap had a latch problem which seems to be appearing more often now. Apple gave me a replacement and the gap seems to be smaller from what I can remember.

Josiah

i have a gap problem as well on my 15inch. Did they replace the whole unit?
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by buckeye

i have a gap problem as well on my 15inch. Did they replace the whole unit?

They replaced the whole unit because my laptop wouldn't stay closed (bad latch). But from my replacement it seems like the gap is smaller.

From what I can remember about the broken Alu was that the lcd seemed like it didn't want to close completely and when it did close there was so much pressure pulling against the latch that the powerbook opened.

Josiah
  • Reply 10 of 14
    I have a related question to this.

THe TiBooks had a problem with the keyboard leaving (over time) an imprint on the LCD because the keyboard was too raised, or should I say, the rubber nubbs on the sides weren't tall enough.

Is this perhaps a case where the keyboard is too far raised that it is hindering the PB to close? Will this model (from those who already have one and can make an EXPERIENCED call on this)suffer the keyboard imprint on the LCD issue??

• Reply 11 of 14
    I have a new 17".

The gap between the screen and the body of the PowerBook is normal. The Genius at the ATL store explained that it serves a dual purpose; it keeps the screen from pressing against the keys (like older 'books) and provides the pressure needed to pop up the screen when you push in the latch.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    Yep, upon further inspection, I see that the gap is not only on the front where the latch is, but all the way around the PowerBook. The gap between top and bottom is a few milimeters or about 1/32 of an inch. Glad to find it's not abnormal.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Ultra-affen-geil!
  • Reply 14 of 14
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carson O'Genic

Ultra-affen-geil!

I concur! Vielen Dank für die tollen Photos, Digital Marble Machine. Mit dem "jungfräulichen", "teuren Ofenblech" sollte der Aufenthalt in der "Codehöhle" wohl sehr angenehm sein. It's good to see the new PowerBooks ship quickly not only in the States but in Europe (at least Germany) as well. Unfortunately, I feat that those who odered 12-inch PowerBooks are in for a longer wait.

Escher