10.2.8 out on swupdate

Comments

• Reply 61 of 90
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    no one has remarked that the Prefernces has changed

You now have "Keyboard and Mouse" as one and you have a Bluetooth 'sensor' etc....

pretty cool
  • Reply 62 of 90
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

where did you get that? I cant find it anywhere on the Apple site yet

Link
  • Reply 63 of 90
    do we need to wait for an update to TransparentDock or is there another way to get around it? Tried reapplying the script but it dont work... I hate opaque dock... blah

also gotta unbrush safari again....
  • Reply 64 of 90
    the bad side:

In my preferences pane, I still have two separate icons for keyboard and mouse, the keyboard one opens lovely, but the mouse icon brings up a dialogue that says "Preferences Error - Could not load Mouse"

the good side:

1) everything is snappier for me (D1.42 MDD G4 / 64MB VRAM / 2GB RAM) .. the genie effect works MUCH smoother on the 16MB ATi gfx card driving my second monitor (1600 x 1200)

2) safari now accesses our intranet which it didn't before. still not showing my banking site properly, but at least I can use Camino for that one.

will let you know the more i play
  • Reply 65 of 90
    I repaired permissions and installed the combo updater on my G3 B&W/400 at home and my G4/450 Sawtooth at work - everything seems a bit snappier on both.

Like Algol said, Office opens in one bounce - that has NEVER happened before. Illustrator 10 opened in 2 bounces-fastest ever. Safari seems a bit faster, too.

GreggWSmith - it sounds like fsck was running (that's usually what takes an incredibly long time on startup) and you interrupted it. I'd reboot into single-user mode (apple + s) and run fsck -y until it says your hard drive appears to be okay.

Oh - and Transparent Dock seems to be an issue - I've seen it mentioned on a couple of boards.
  • Reply 66 of 90
    with safari on a site made with flash, when I log in I get an error saying "no requests performed to cgi"

any clues? works fine with Camino/Netscape/Explorer/Moz etc
  • Reply 67 of 90
    after repairing permissions on my drive, I am getting the correct "Keyboard and Mouse" option via Prefling, but when i access my system preferences via apple menu, I get 2 different Keyboard and Mouse icons.

go figure ...

btw, how do I report bugs to Apple?
  • Reply 68 of 90
    On my Powerbook 12" 867, the power manager has gone mad since the update. Estimated battery life is basically bogus (about half the expected remaining time). I haven't had time to check if real world battery life has changed or not (it seems OK). I did drain the battery totally, though, and I resetted the power manager once (it worked because time was back to 01/01/1970) and rebooted, but it didn't fix the problem.

Does anyone one have any other suggestion to try and get that stoned power manager back to a clean and sober condition ? Thanks.
  • Reply 69 of 90
    Hi!

the only problem with me that it reduced the battery life from 4 to 2 hour. why is that.

iBook 12" full brightness No air port.
  • Reply 70 of 90
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Well, took the plunge on my 12" PB, okay so far: Ethernet's working happily, Keyboard/Mouse prefpane present and correct, though I've yet to see anything notably faster.

I'm looking forward to doing my Cube (just as soon as it's finished this stupid big CG render), since the Java update seemed to bring Wake from Sleep back into the realms of usability and I'm hoping 10.2.8 will improve it further...
  • Reply 71 of 90
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Yes TransparentDock needs updating. I don't like the opaque or black triangles (white!) However the most annoying thing is the missing Hide in the apps in the dock.
  • Reply 72 of 90
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    its a great update for me, until i unplugged my PB from the mains...

whoa! i'm getting 1.25 on a full charge. thats not too hot...\
  • Reply 73 of 90
    OK. The battery problem is really annoying. Here's what I found on my PB 12" 867/640/60/AE.

- Do not trust the power manager when it tells you the battery is full. Trust the led on the charger. I wanted to get a full charge on my PB, the system told me the battery was charged and it showed 100%, still I waited for 30 minutes for the charger led to turn green.

- Do not trust the power manager when it tells you the battery is empty. I tried to run the battery flat : ignored the "low battery" warning, kept running until the battery level got to 0% and the PB went to sleep, plugged the charger, hit the spacebar to wake up the PB, unplugged the charger right away. Surprise : I worked for about 30 minutes with the battery level showing 0%.

That is really annoying, because in order to get that "extra" 30 minutes of battery life, I have to plug the Powerbook to wake it up after the battery hits 0%, which means I need a goddamn plug near me at that exact moment. Great...

Resetting the power manager has had absolutely no effect on this. Hope someone finds a solution soon, because working on the train is going to become very painful.
  • Reply 74 of 90
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Yeah I have the same issue on my PB12"
  • Reply 75 of 90
    My USB connection on my keyboard now sees my digital camera consistently
  • Reply 76 of 90
    Man... just like every other update (just about). 50% of people rave, the other 50% scream.
  • Reply 77 of 90
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    I have noticed that iTunes occasionally "forgets" about albums in its library after system updates. The files are there, you just have to point iTunes at them by adding them to the library. Which is silly and irritating, but it works.

If the actual files vanished... well, I've never heard of that.
  • Reply 78 of 90
    Quote:

Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

Man... just like every other update (just about). 50% of people rave, the other 50% scream.

Except, this time, according to macbidouille, the update has been removed from Software Update...
  • Reply 79 of 90
    Quote:

Originally posted by PizzaBoy

Except, this time, according to macbidouille, the update has been removed from Software Update...

Ouuuups.... The news telling that the update had been removed has been removed from MacBidouille... They were a little quick to pull the trigger on poor 10.2.8
  • Reply 80 of 90
    Is there an iPod update in 10.2.8?