Mouse Pad Performance

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I know this seems mundane, but I have always had problems with my 'meeces' with reguard to the mouse pad. Any one have good experiences or recommendations.

I have found that a plain peice of paper works exceptionally well. I folded one in half a taped it to my desk to prevent curled edges. That way when iy gets dirty I just put down a new one and it is cheeper than buying new pads. I have tried most types an IMO they stink.

I know it seems silly but my mouse has never tracked better and it glides like it never has.

What do you think.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Is it Hammermill or Georgia Pacific?
  • Reply 2 of 14
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Is it Hammermill or Georgia Pacific?

Hammermill. Sha.. OF COURSE!!!

• Reply 3 of 14
    I've been using the same mouse pad since 1997 when I got my Power Mac 6400. It's a purple CompUSA non glossy cloth pad. I got a free glossy one a while back and wasn't impressed by it. I've never had a problem with tracking, weather with a tracking ball or optical.

Although I did find out that for one reason or another the pro mouse (not sure if it is the case with all optical mice) does not work on my white Corian counter tops. Anyone else have a simalar experance?
  • Reply 4 of 14
    I've had the same mouse pad since 1992 when I got my LC II. It still works great for everything I've tried.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

I've been using the same mouse pad since 1997 when I got my Power Mac 6400. It's a purple CompUSA non glossy cloth pad. I got a free glossy one a while back and wasn't impressed by it. I've never had a problem with tracking, weather with a tracking ball or optical.

Although I did find out that for one reason or another the pro mouse (not sure if it is the case with all optical mice) does not work on my white Corian counter tops. Anyone else have a simalar experance?

I have a black lexan top on my desk and it will not track.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I don't use them anymore. Is there a reason too?
  • Reply 7 of 14
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    My Spongebob Squarepants mousepad was not playing nice with my Logitech (it seemed to work fine on my older MS optical), so I just removed it and now it works great on my faux-wood desktop.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    I though I was the only one using the plain piece of paper taped down as a mousemat!
  • Reply 9 of 14
    The absolute best mousing surface is the Ratpadz GS. Hands down.

And I have looked.

Way better. Never had a problem.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    the "fUnc sUrface" is totally unbeatable. Combine the mouse with Mouse Skatez, and you'll realize your plain piece of paper didn't really work that well
  • Reply 11 of 14
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    I use the round jaguar print mouse pad apple was giving away at the 10.2 coming out party. With optical mice i find the cloth pads to work best or even paper like you suggested.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I haven't noticed any problem with the Alsop ones...I like having a mousepad, it just feels better, and I hate the scraping noise a mouse, even an optical, makes on a wooden desk.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I wish I didn't need one but I have a glass desk so my optical mouse doesn't like that. I have one of the round 'jaguar' print ones from the 10.2 event also, it works great.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

I wish I didn't need one but I have a glass desk so my optical mouse doesn't like that. I have one of the round 'jaguar' print ones from the 10.2 event also, it works great.

The panther event will be insane...I can't wait.