Post your setup pics

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Here is my setup

I baught a FP after it was released and available. After I got it I soon realised that it made the desk I had look painfully lacking. I looked around and found only a few that did it justice. But the $$!!!So I designed and built the one you see.

I have been very happy with the FP and have enjpyed using it. I now have the need for a laptop and plan to buy a 15" or 17" PB.

What's your setup look like?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member

sorry
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Here's mine

http://homepage.mac.com/filmmaker2002/PhotoAlbum2.html

The TiBook is currently an iBook until my 1.25 Ghz Aluminum Powerbook with Superdrive gets here this week. The Palm m500 is now a Tungsten T2. Other than that...it's all the same. I painted my 19" Trinitron CRT silver, and I have to do something about hiding those cables behind my desk...it's a rat's nest I know.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by filmmaker2002

Here's mine

http://homepage.mac.com/filmmaker2002/PhotoAlbum2.html

The TiBook is currently an iBook until my 1.25 Ghz Aluminum Powerbook with Superdrive gets here this week. The Palm m500 is now a Tungsten T2. Other than that...it's all the same. I painted my 19" Trinitron CRT silver, and I have to do something about hiding those cables behind my desk...it's a rat's nest I know.

I like that desk, I looked at it for my iMac. Didn't think it would look good and was too big for my space.

I hate wires, I guess a nessicary evil (did I spell that right/)

Looks nice
  • Reply 4 of 8
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Necessary. (I think...sigh...I used to be smart...)

Hey, I love the desk you built! I, too, have considered going that route and I've even designed two, down to the actual Illustrator schematics (top, side, front views with measurements, etc.).

If I could ask, how much - roughly - did it cost to build yours?

And did you get everything pretty much "off the shelf", say at a Home Depot or whatever? I see some cuts/curves in there...did you do those or buy some pre-shaped panels? Any/all info in this area is GREATLY appreciated because I have - in my mind - a VERY clear idea of the perfect desk for me and my work area/habits...and I can't find it anywhere, so...

• Reply 5 of 8
    You don't want to see my setup. I wanted my G5 to be in the open to show it off, so it's on a card table in the middle of my family room.

I'm hoping to build a desk into a built in bookshelf in the side of the family room. Then I need to make sure the G5 is out in the open so I can remove the side cover to show it off!
  • Reply 6 of 8
    I`ll take a picture of mine later but I had to chime in and say, when in doubt of a miss-spelled word in any cocoa app just control click on the word, or right click. It will give you the correct spelling..
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Necessary. (I think...sigh...I used to be smart...)

Hey, I love the desk you built! I, too, have considered going that route and I've even designed two, down to the actual Illustrator schematics (top, side, front views with measurements, etc.).

If I could ask, how much - roughly - did it cost to build yours?

And did you get everything pretty much "off the shelf", say at a Home Depot or whatever? I see some cuts/curves in there...did you do those or buy some pre-shaped panels? Any/all info in this area is GREATLY appreciated because I have - in my mind - a VERY clear idea of the perfect desk for me and my work area/habits...and I can't find it anywhere, so...

Roughly $60 (give or take $20) if you buy everything new.

I made it from scratch. Afreind of mine ownes a sign shop. I used a bunch of scrap peices of MDO or Marine Plywood because of its strength. I used approx 1 full sheet. The top is 1" thick only about three inches around the edge. The pine border is raised enough to recess the lexan and beveled in the fron to ease wrist strain. I used a soup can to get the radii on the corners. I used wood putty to fill in any gaps in the edges and sanded them.

I bought a Florescent light from home depot to light the desktop. Primed the whole thing. (very important) and painted it white with a oil based paint (Sign paint, very durable. available at sherwin williams or online) I used geurilla glue to secure it all.

Took me about 1.5 days, actually 3 because glue and paint had to dry. I suppose you could finish in about one if you did not have anything else to do that day.

A good scetch is very handy. don't forget to compensate for wood thickness.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    It is with great sadness that I kill this thread like a dog.

Please contribute your setup photos to the current thread:

Pic of computer setup - 2003

If I allow another to exist, Leonis will end up murdering someone.