Severe and Strange OSX problem...

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Please go HERE and see what my problem is... I can't retype it here. Thank you... I seriously need some help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

Originally posted by THE MAC GOD

Please go HERE and see what my problem is... I can't retype it here. Thank you... I seriously need some help.

Read the readme for Jag again - I am sure there were some problems with beige G3s (max size of boot partition), it could be there were with RevA iMacs too.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    BUT... i've NEVER had that problem... i've been running jag on the same HD! It just won't let me reinstall it! AIIEEEEE>
  • Reply 3 of 11
    When's the last time you checked/updated the firmware?
  • Reply 4 of 11
    well... i don't see why it would let me install jag before, but not now. Also, I can't find the firmware update for my iMac rev. a on apple's site... it keeps telling me I should do it, but the one on the jag CD is for the slot loader... thats the one I keep finding. I wanted to find it just to make sure. You know?
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Yeah. Hmmm....lemme see if I can find it ....

You have a 233, 266 or 333 tray-loading iMac, right?

Try this: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=60384

Or check all of them here: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=86117
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Now this is wierd... I got my friend to let me borrow his copy of Panther 7b68 just to see... and it installs fine on any and all partitions (under the 8gb of course). SO......... why would panther install fine but Jag not? I'm REALLY confused now and I don't want to only be able to use a beta system that I'm not supposed to... What do I do?
  • Reply 7 of 11
    My dad had a similar problem and it turned out to be the third-party RAM that he'd installed. He took it out for the installation, and put it right back in after everything was up and running.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    really... hmm... that could be it since I recently upgraded the ram....
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Quote:

really... hmm... that could be it since I recently upgraded the ram....

That's probably it then. For some reason 10.2's installer is super picky about RAM. But it's just the installer that's picky. Once it's installed the actual OS doesn't seem to care.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    DAMn... so... could I install OSX.2 on it via firewire target disk mode? that should work...
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Quote:

DAMn... so... could I install OSX.2 on it via firewire target disk mode? that should work...

Sure, why not. Try it and find out