Talk like O'Reilly Day

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
So much fun was had last week's Talk Like a Pirate Day that a new day was inspired on which people could talk like someone whose every utterance induces howls of laughter from listeners:Ê Friday, September 26 is "Talk Like O'Reilly Day"!

Some advice fore novices who might be asking "How can I talk like O'Reilly?":

Beginners can do impressively well in their first efforts at talking like O'Reilly if they simply remember two words:Ê "SHUT UP!"

You can sharpen your skills by testing them on your boss the first thing Friday morning.Ê When he approaches you at your desk and attempts to assign you a task, simply yell "SHUT UP!"Ê before he has a chance to finish a sentence.Ê Each time he opens his mouth to talk to you, scream "SHUT UP!" or "SHUT UP!Ê SHUT....UP!"

Once you've detected a fair amount of frustration on his face and your coworkers begin to gather on the scene, point to someone at random and yell "You!ÊYou! Cut his mic!ÊCut his mic!"

You'll be amazed at how easy it is to Talk Like O'Reilly.Ê Once you master the basics, you can begin to include other O'Reilly classics in your repertoire.Ê Some suggestions:

*\tMake up some dramatic stories about your blue-collar upbringing, including telling anyone who will listen that you were standing up for the little guy at the age of 2.

*\tRead about a local court case, and then call up the local Bar association to complain about one of the lawyers and request disciplinary action be taken against him.Ê If you're told his conduct is within ethical boundaries, berate the bar association as a sleazy clique of amoral parasites.

*\tEach time you hear someone say "fair," "balanced," or "and," run to the boss and demand he file a lawsuit against that person

*\tSteer every conversation toward a discussion of the fact that we're currently fighting World War III

*\tDelivery and inflection are important as well.Ê Bobble your head from side to side, raise your eyebrows, and point your finger as you assert your opinions.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    SHUT UP! SHUT UP! YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE TO TALK NOW IT'S MY TURN...

<shuts off guest's mic>
  • Reply 2 of 26
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    He's really going off the deep end. I saw an interview with him, I think on Dateline NBC, in which he was having a fit of self-pity about how hard it is to be a powerful person.

Then I saw The Factor last night and he had a long segment about how bad Al Franken is because Al was swearing or something. He was visibly shaking while talking about Franken.

I think his time is just about up.
  • Reply 3 of 26
    hehe... and Al is a top the NY Times bestsellers list again! 4 weeks in a row.

http://alfrankenweb.com/
  • Reply 4 of 26
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Shut up. You make me sick. Here we are fighting WWIII and you are on my show wasting my time with far left rhetoric. Don't you know that according to a recent gallop poll 97% of the US public thinks the editors of the NYT are as dangerous as the nazis? My nobel peace prize is bigger than yours.
  • Reply 5 of 26
    Shut Up! Talk like Bill O'Reilly Day is FRIDAY!

You america hating scumbag.
  • Reply 6 of 26
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I would participate, but I have never had the misfortune of having to listen to him for an extended period of time.

But I do a great Jim Rome impression!
  • Reply 7 of 26
    "Cut his mic."

"Keep it pithy."

"Name and town. Name and town. Name and town."

"..and THAT's the Talking Points memo."

Oh. And who can forget:

"Welcome to Current Affair. I'm Bill O'Reilly."
  • Reply 8 of 26
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dstranathan

"Welcome to Current Affair. I'm Bill O'Reilly."

"I won a Peabody, dammit!"
  • Reply 9 of 26
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Get this. On rare ocassions that my gf allows, I go to bed listening to KGO in San Francisco(810am). They have 2 liberal talk show hosts at night who are a riot...I live in Socal so the reception is decent at night, but it disappears in the morning...and when that happens...ta-da! I get O'Reilley( on 790 am) ....it's the best alarm because I HAVE to get up to turn the radio off!

The man has more egos than cats have lives.
  • Reply 10 of 26
    I'll give myself a chance to respond...BUT NO SHUT UP BUT NO SHUT UP BUT NO SHUT UP [error, infinite O'Reilly feedback loop]
  • Reply 11 of 26
    This cartoon sums up Fox pretty well...

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/horsey/print.asp?id=898
  • Reply 12 of 26
    Hey all you left wing liberal extremist jerk offs... It's talk like Bill O'Reilly day... be sure to brow beat anyone who disagrees with you... claim a blue colar background... and that you're from Levittown long Island... you're a man of the people... and if you don't like that's just TOUGH... because the is the NO SPIN ZONE and I call it how I see it.

hehe...

Try it it's fun. I need to practice more.
  • Reply 13 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by chu_bakka

This cartoon sums up Fox pretty well...

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/horsey/print.asp?id=898

If "pretty well" means "not really and not humorous" then you're right.
  • Reply 14 of 26
    Shut Up you unamerican freaK!

Maybe you're upset because it rings too true? Boo hoo poor hannity and o'reilly.
  • Reply 15 of 26
    Wholly Without Merit

oh wait... that's "Talk About O'Reilly Day".

we now return you to your regularly scheduled lobotomy, already in progress

Shut the **** up
  • Reply 16 of 26
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member

Read some of the entries at Eschaton.

Hilarious.
  • Reply 17 of 26
    Quote:

hehe... and Al is a top the NY Times bestsellers list again! 4 weeks in a row.

At least you think so...being the New York Times and all, you can never bee too certain.
  • Reply 18 of 26
    Actually... it's going into it's 5th week at the top.

Oh yeah... the book couldn't possibly be popular...

It's written by a liberal.

SHUT UP! I don't wanna hear your whining. We know what your position is!

If the Times distorted the bestseller's list... the Rush and Coulter would never be on it... CUT HIS MIC.
  • Reply 19 of 26
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    [email protected] the cartoon.
  • Reply 20 of 26
    Quote:

Actually... it's going into it's 5th week at the top.

Oh yeah... the book couldn't possibly be popular...

It's written by a liberal.

SHUT UP! I don't wanna hear your whining. We know what your position is!

If the Times distorted the bestseller's list... the Rush and Coulter would never be on it... CUT HIS MIC.

It is possible that the liberal slant has gone on for so long and become so predictable that it has become white noise: a high, steady whine that drones on in the background until at last it stops being heard.

-Noemie Emery