Learning FCP

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Sorry for all the purchasing advice threads but as I just got my AlBook I plan on purchasing things

So any suggestions on a book to learn FCP?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Hands down the Visual QuickPro Guide. I have used FCP since 1.0, but whenever people ask me if I knew of any good guides or books, I always point them to this:

Visual QuickPro

And never hear any complaints
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Unless you're planning on doing some really advanced stuff any time soon I suggest Final Cut Express because it's a lot easier to use and it's cheaper. But either way, the line of books that filmmaker2002 mentioned are wonderful.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    \\/\\/ickes and \\/\\/ickes give Visual QuickPro Guide two thumbs up! We think... I mean... I think the book is great.

Oh and congrats on the Albook.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

Unless you're planning on doing some really advanced stuff any time soon I suggest Final Cut Express because it's a lot easier to use and it's cheaper. But either way, the line of books that filmmaker2002 mentioned are wonderful.

Although FCE is cheaper, I don't know that it is easier to learn than FCP. Before FCP4, FCE and FCP3 were quite similar with FCE being a cut-down version of the pro app. You still have to get your head around NLE editing and the techniques are the same. All that's missing from FCE are some advanced features - it's not a diffent way of working.

As for training, everyone raves about this:

http://www.intelligentassistance.com.../IAforFCP.html

Seems to be a far superior way of learning than books. I haven't used it myslef as the FCP4 version isn't out yet, but as soon as it is . . .