This is REAL treason Ann Coulter: Someone is going to Jail or worse!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
From TimeMagazine:

Quote:

The Justice Department has opened a preliminary inquiry into whether a Bush Administration official illegally revealed the identity of a CIA employee whose husband criticized the Administration's handling of intelligence on Iraq, TIME has learned. The probe will determine whether to order a full-fledged FBI investigation.

The CIA triggered the Justice inquiry with a memo saying that there may have been an unauthorized disclosure about the wife of Joe Wilson, a former U.S. ambassador. Columnist Robert Novak wrote in July that Wilson's wife was a CIA "operative" who suggested that he be sent to Niger to investigate intelligence that Saddam Hussein was trying to buy a large volume of Niger's yellowcake uranium to build a nuclear weapon.

Must read:

http://msnbc.com/news/937524.asp?0cv=CB10

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/...in575449.shtml

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/

Interview with husband of outed CIA agent who blew the yellow cake party:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/docs/wilson.interview.pdf

Quote:

The idea that--first of all, irrespective of whether my wife is or is not what Novak alleged, therefore, there was no personal involvement. I think it's important to understand about this allegation, a couple of things. One: when they're talking about "senior administration officials", they're talking about the White House. The CIA does not "out" its own. It just doesn't do that. Secondly, I think that it's important to understand that if, in fact, she is what was alleged, then it is a violation of the Intelligence Agents Identification Act of 1982, which is a felony, and the process of investigating it goes through, I believe, the CIA and then to Justice and to the FBI, and that's if she is, in fact, what they said.

Karl Rove and company outed the wife/ cia agent of the guy that blew the whistle on Junior's 16 word lie. He could have gotten her KILLED~! This is about a BILLION times more treasonous then ANYTHING Clinton ever did.Let's take bets as to how long AG "don't show me boobs" Ashcroft blocks the justice dept from taking action...

This is Criminal.

Karl Rove is going down.

P.S. Let's see how "Faux News" and the "Ann is not a idiot" crowd spin this one...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 494
    Follow the white house rabbit:

From the Washington Post:

Quote:

After the column ran, the CIA began a damage assessment of whether any foreign contacts Plame had made over the years, or projects she had worked on, had been compromised. CIA officials working undercover often pass themselves off as members of the diplomatic corps or, if they are in deeper cover, called "nonofficial cover," as business members or other types of employees not associated with the U.S. government. Sometimes they use their real names or continue to use false names until they have gone through a lengthy, secretive process to reemerge as "overt" employees no longer undercover.

Quote:

He said that if Novak's account is accurate, the leak was part of "a deliberate attempt on the part of the White House to intimidate others and make them think twice about coming forward."

Quote:

Sen. Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.), who has been pushing the FBI to investigate the disclosure, said it "not only put an agent's life in danger, but many of that agent's sources and contacts."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003Sep27.html

From talking points:

Quote:

Okay, no question: the Washington Post has the story about the Wilson/Plame scandal. This story, frankly, blows the whole thing wide open.

The Post got one "senior administration official" to concede that "two top White House officials" disclosed Plame's identity to at least six journalists.

Here are the five bombshell grafs in their entirety ...

A senior administration official said two top White House officials called at least six Washington journalists and revealed the identity and occupation of Wilson's wife. That was shortly after Wilson revealed in July that the CIA had sent him to Niger last year to look into the uranium claim and that he had found no evidence to back up the charge. Wilson's account eventually touched off a controversy over Bush's use of intelligence as he made the case for attacking Iraq.

"Clearly, it was meant purely and simply for revenge," the senior official said of the alleged leak.

Sources familiar with the conversations said the leakers' allegation was that Wilson had benefited from nepotism because the Niger mission had been his wife's idea. Wilson said in an interview yesterday that a reporter had told him that the leaker said, "The real issue is Wilson and his wife."

The official would not name the leakers for the record and would not name the journalists. The official said he had no indication that Bush knew about the calls. Columnist Robert Novak published the agent's name in a July column about Wilson's mission.

It is rare for one Bush administration official to turn on another. Asked about the motive for describing the leaks, the senior official said the leaks were "wrong and a huge miscalculation, because they were irrelevant and did nothing to diminish Wilson's credibility."

How about just wrong, and leave out that they were ineffective?

In any case, this is truly a bombshell and for the first time I suspect someone may actually lose their job over this -- though loyalty being what it is to the prez I still have my doubts. Clearly, the White House knows who those two people are. And I don't see how -- in a climate of media feeding frenzy -- it will be possible to keep their identites a secret. And once their identities are known ...

I can't remember since it was so long ago...

When Nixon ordered the break in the Watergate offices (among a thousand other things) did he put SOMEONE's LIFE in danger?

Hmm.....

Page 1 story Monday....

How do you spell MAJOR scandal?

K-A-R-L
  • Reply 2 of 494
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    If Rove is found guilty, why not give him the chair? Ashcroft & Bush seem to love it.
  • Reply 3 of 494
    Yeah I remember this from a few weeks ago now. Pretty disgusting.

Just so I understand, the allegation is that because this guy was challenging that Iraq-Africa nuclear scenario, the White House endangered his wife by letting it be known that she was working for the CIA. It's like a dirty tricks operation to intimidate people into playing along. This could be quite a scandal, and it links back to the whole lying-to-start-a-war problem.
  • Reply 4 of 494
    I second that.

Now that Junior won't have K-A-R-L to run his reelect campaign i wonder who he will be his "go-to" smear guy...

This is big.

This is scandalous...

This is the White House "outing" CIA agents because they do not agree with what their husband said...
  • Reply 5 of 494
    Quote:

ust so I understand, the allegation is that because this guy was challenging that Iraq-Africa nuclear scenario, the White House endangered his wife by letting it be known that she was working for the CIA. It's like a dirty tricks operation to intimidate people into playing along. This could be quite a scandal, and it links back to the whole lying-to-start-a-war problem.

Egg-sactlly...

And since we will find K-A-R-L was behind this, (and we all know that K-A-R-L is 50% of Junior's gray matter (cheney being the other 50%)) this is big since its literaly a "heartbeat' away from the president....

Of course Junior can claim ignorance.....

Which the American public WOULD BUY IN A SECOND!
  • Reply 6 of 494
    The New York Times has picked the story up:

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/28/national/28WILS.html

<edit>
  • Reply 7 of 494
    <edit>
  • Reply 8 of 494
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    keyboardf12, I agree this is a really horrible thing that Bush and the gang should be punished for, but you you calm down a little bit? Of the eight posts (now nine counting this one) in this topic, six are by you. There is an edit button, you know. (EDIT: In fact, I just used it now to correct a typo )

I really hope someone in the Bush admin fries for this. They've overstepped their bounds a few too many times and now it's time for some payback.
  • Reply 9 of 494
    ok/ your right. it just infuriates me that they think this is somehow ok...
  • Reply 10 of 494
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by keyboardf12

ok/ your right. it just infuriates me that they think this is somehow ok...

I completely understand and agree. Just when I think the Bush administration might get smart, just when I think they might honestly do the right thing (even if it's only to build up their popularity to maintain power), they go and do something like this. When will it end?
  • Reply 11 of 494
    When the American people wake up and start being passive sheep.
  • Reply 12 of 494
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rick1138

Is this what you meant to say?
  • Reply 13 of 494
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rick1138

...STOP being passive sheep.
  • Reply 14 of 494
    Right start - I had a rough night last night.
  • Reply 15 of 494
    I mean stop - stop is what I meant originally.
  • Reply 16 of 494
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Well boys it takes a really boldly rotten president to get their attention. The last time this happened it was with Nixon, Watergate, and Vietnam. The sleeping masses only wake up when it becomes super obvious that their leader is a crook and is threatening their way of life.

Dubya seems to be doing fine at this.

So just maybe he got the right people's attention now.

I rememeber saying to SDW a few months ago that once this ball of yarn starts to unravel it's not going to stop.

Well what can I say? That's what happens when you have all that power to do good for the american people and you use it for your own agenda.

Our one saving grace is that Bush isn't very smart. As a matter of fact he really seems clueless about everything. Now if we'd had a smart crook in there this might be a tougher row to hoe. Like I've said before if this goes the distance by the time the election rolls around even the republicans won't like him.
  • Reply 17 of 494
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

Originally posted by keyboardf12

Egg-sactlly...

And since we will find K-A-R-L was behind this, (and we all know that K-A-R-L is 50% of Junior's gray matter (cheney being the other 50%)) this is big since its literaly a "heartbeat' away from the president....

Of course Junior can claim ignorance.....

Which the American public WOULD BUY IN A SECOND!

All of a sudden in an unexpected development Bush develops altzheimers and can't remember a thing.

PS. Don't you feel sorry for him?
  • Reply 18 of 494
    Condi to America: "No comment"

from TP:

Quote:

Just flipped on the TV and found Fox News interviewing Condi Rice. As it happened, a minute or two after I tuned in Brit Hume asked Rice about the Wilson/Plame matter. Let's be honest, I didn't expect Hume and Tony Snow to be the most hard-hitting questioners on this issue. But you couldn't watch the exchange without seeing how big a deal this is. First of all, Rice denied nothing. It was, in so many words, all no comments. More telling I thought was how visibly rattled Rice seemed. She seemed to have a hard time getting her words out. Her breathing was halting.

To their credit, Hume and Snow followed up by noting that this was a sufficiently serious charge that a bland 'no comment' didn't really cut it. But all Rice could do was awkwardly say that she wasn't going to answer questions because it's in the Justice Department's hands, they're investigating, and that this is the kind of thing that the president doesn't accept. What I took from this is that the White House was stunned by this rapid escalation of events. And they haven't figured out what to do. Or, if they have, they haven't let Condi in on it yet.

When your best argument is 'the Justice Department is investigating us and we hope they get to the bottom of it', you're in a jam.

How high will this go?

Will K-A-R-L look good in pinstripes?

Joshua seems to think that tennet spilled the beans. Its just a theory though of his for now. It would explain lots...

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/
  • Reply 19 of 494
    this will be big when it makes the front page of CNN's page. until then it's a simmering pot waiting to explode. here's to hoping the Dems. throw up a legit canidate this time around.
  • Reply 20 of 494
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

this will be big when it makes the front page of CNN's page. until then it's a simmering pot waiting to explode. here's to hoping the Dems. throw up a legit canidate this time around.

It is on the CNN front page, but they've pushed it into the US section (with no note of it in the main headline section) and it's only a link to a time.com story.