Best ****ing Football Game Ever

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Cal Vs. USC

That's a game that will be in the highlight reels for years to come.

triple overtime. back and forth. each team matching the other.

the crowd (both USC and Cal fans) was insane

anyone watch it?

GO BEARS

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

Cal Vs. USC

That's a game that will be in the highlight reels for years to come.

triple overtime. back and forth. each team matching the other.

the crowd (both USC and Cal fans) was insane

anyone watch it?

GO BEARS

You call it football, I call this football, (a great Aussie game). \

I'm sorry, is what you're describing what I may know as gridiron, soccer, ...?

(I feel like a retard). m.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Merovingian

And it looks like Brisbane gave Collingwood a royal bum-whipping the other day...

...what's the world coming to when a team with "Lions" in their name can win grand finals three years in a row?

"The Lions? 20.14 (134) to 12.12 (84) victory over Collingwood at the MCG meant Leigh Matthews? side became the first since Melbourne in 1957 to win three successive premierships but the first to do so in an era when measures such as the salary cap and draft are designed to prevent any one team from dominating."
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by staphbaby

And it looks like Brisbane gave Collingwood a royal bum-whipping the other day...

...what's the world coming to when a team with "Lions" in their name can win grand finals three years in a row?

"The Lions? 20.14 (134) to 12.12 (84) victory over Collingwood at the MCG meant Leigh Matthews? side became the first since Melbourne in 1957 to win three successive premierships but the first to do so in an era when measures such as the salary cap and draft are designed to prevent any one team from dominating."

Heh. I don't follow the game personally, but all i can say is that I wanted Collingwood to lose, (surprise ), probably with the rest of Australia save Collingwood.

It's good to see a non-Victorian team win, though. m.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Quote:

I'm sorry, is what you're describing what I may know as gridiron, soccer, ...?

(I feel like a retard). m.

shut up
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

Heh. I don't follow the game personally, but all i can say is that I wanted Collingwood to lose, (surprise ), probably with the rest of Australia save Collingwood.

It's good to see a non-Victorian team win, though. m.

Yup. And it wasn't the Crows, either!
  • Reply 6 of 10
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Sorry applenut, wasn't there for the game today. Did catch it on the TV and it was awesome. About 3 years ago there was a similar game against UCLA that went in to triple overtime too.

And what the hell is with those armband nazis guarding the student section? Its like they want to keep the fans away...
  • Reply 7 of 10
    That's life in the Pac 10. Any Given Saturday a team can win.

Sheesh man what's with the Arizona teams. They both suck this year.

hahahah loved seeing the "Ucks"(No "D") get demolished by Washington State!!!
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

shut up

????.

Now I'm confused. I was, seriously, only asking what exactly is football?

I was merely pointing out that football to me is the AFL.

Like football to the British is what I know as soccer, (for memory).

That's all I was asking. I apologise if I sounded like an arsehole, but that was not my intention - I just don't know what American football is. My guess is it is Grid-Iron.

Oh well, I'll just google "USC bears gridiron cal" and see what I get.

Darn these different uses of words from country to country. m.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by staphbaby

Yup. And it wasn't the Crows, either!

Or the Power. I personally go for anything South Australian.

And all non-Australian readers are thinking: "what the hell is this all about?".

Oh well, better let this thread get back on course. m.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I was at a housewarming party at a place with nothing but rabbit ears on the TV and no phone service yet, so I missed it. We periodically checked scores via cell phone. I actually went to pick up somebody at a BART station and was tuned into the Giants/Dodgers game when they announced the win over the radio.