15" AlBook Case

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm looking for a case for my PowrBook. I don't want anything big with millions of pouches or anything. I was hoping for something not ass ugly...so probably not grey or black, but maybe if it looks good. I also think it would be better to have a handle instead of acting like a giant purse.

So...

Simple

Good looking

Brief case like (maybe?)

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Maybe this one: http://www.marware.com/SportFolio.html

Fairly inexpensive (just $40), simple and elegant looking, made of neoprene which is shock-absorbant and water resistant. PowerBook Central gave it a favorable review.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Ouch, no US site. And I don't know any other languages besides basic spanish.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    Tom Bihn has some really great bags from sleeves to shoulder bags to backpacks - they can be businesslike and playful as well.

www.tombihn.com
  • Reply 4 of 13
    What I want

Can anyone tell me if it fits the PBook 15"? This bag look just what I'm looking for. If it doesn't I will go with the Marware bag. Hoping my 15" would fit in the Crumpler though as I like the looks better.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

What I want

Can anyone tell me if it fits the PBook 15"? This bag look just what I'm looking for. If it doesn't I will go with the Marware bag. Hoping my 15" would fit in the Crumpler though as I like the looks better.

Posted by Lattimer on MacNN Forums:

Everyday it seems someone is asking for links to bags to fit their new 12/15/17 Powerbook. I thought it would be a good idea to dedicate a thread to listing all links/comments/reviews of bags and such right here. I've semi-compiled a list based on the first search page I did on this forum for *bag*. Everyone chime in with your additions! Here we go:

Waterfield Designs - cases/sleeves

Booq - cases/sleeves

Tom Bihn - everything

Kensington - everything

Brenthaven - cases

Marware - cases/sleeves

Incase - everything

ACME MADE - cases/sleeves

MacCase - everything

Dr. Bott - everything

Crumpler Bags - messenger bags

Timbuk2 - messenger bags

Chrome Bags - messenger bags

Shinza - cases/sleeves

Kata - everything

Spire USA - backpacks/sleeves

Boblbee - backpacks

Tumi - everything

R&R Cases - hard cases

ZERO HALLIBURTON - hard cases

Lots o' bags:

eBags

BagsForMe

Bagreview

Macro Luggage

Update #1:

Bailey Works - messenger bags

Ortlieb USA - everything

RadTech - sleeves/accessories

Shaun Jackson Design - bags/sleeves

Targus - everything

Willow Design - everything

Update #2:

Pelican Case - hard cases

Tenba - cases/bags

Victorinox by Swiss Army - everything
  • Reply 6 of 13
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

yep - it does. ML I think is the size you want

Ok you confused me with ML. Large or Extra Large is all I see.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Well, just going based on dimensions posted by eBags and Apple (check their sites to verify), I see the following:

Crumpler:

? Size: 13" x 10" x 1.5"

? Fits laptops up to: 13" x 11" x 1.5"

Powerbook 15":

Size and weight (15-inch models)

Height: 1.1 inches (2.8 cm)

Width: 13.7 inches (34.8 cm)

Depth: 9.5 inches (24.1 cm)

The width may be a tad too much just taking the dimensions as listed, not sure how much the crumpler could extend sideways (if any).
  • Reply 9 of 13
    http://www.crumplerusa.com/products/...lovechild.html

I noticed that but luckily they make larger sizes. I think their Large will do perfectly.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Crumpler looks like an awesome company. I like their simple design and at least their US website had me chuckling to myself reading some of the stuff.

I actually chose this over the Marware because of looks. I think the Marware would offer more protection but I don't think I'll need all of that and the Marware bag didn't look as good. One thing that bothered me is how the shoulder strap connected, it had that cheap plastic look. The Crumpler bags look very good and hopefull connect better. I guess design shouldn't be as important as function but if I can balance the two I'll do it, and I think Crumpler does that.

Just look how they describe their material at ebags.com...

Quote:

And because it's twice as tough as regular nylon, 3X tougher than polyester, 4X tougher than polypropylene, 14X tougher than cotton and 600X tougher than that skinny bit in the bottom portion of your underwear.

• Reply 11 of 13
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I've thought about this too, but I've got a backpack already that I really like, so I'm just going to buy one of those MacCase sleeves and stick it into my backpack.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

I've thought about this too, but I've got a backpack already that I really like, so I'm just going to buy one of those MacCase sleeves and stick it into my backpack.

Yeah I thought about getting a backpack style but as we are not allowed to carry them around in school and I don't want something that big to take around with me all the time. I just wanted something simple to hold my computer, mouse, poweradapter, and maybe eventually extra battery.