I know video iPods are a long shot, but...

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
....when you see Apple advertizing their part in 3GPP technology (below), it makes you think. They aren't getting paid for all of the QTime downloads. Apple gets paid from hardware sales.

http://207.36.117.215/london/categories.html

Just seems like they are ready for some form of palm-sized media player when the content is there.

And you can't tell me seeing these at anytime waiting for a bus or for a meeting to begin, wouldn't be cool!!

http://www.stupidvideos.com/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    i totally agree!

example:

next month, you can buy the sx-1 siemens mobile phone, with an integrated mpg4 player (ok, on a VERY small screen...)

BUT:

what do we have here? 40Gigs, a firewire connection, a standard promoted by apple, and an ad in which apple is looking for engineers for "new" ipod apps...

imagine a sort of clip-on, just a kind of small touch-screen. you click the ipod to the screen - that's all: videos, photos, connect your camera/camcorder to the pod for downloading...

btw:

the iPod is allmost 16:9
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Sj said no video iPod, at least in the current configuration. I agree, the screen is much too small. But, remember all those rumors about a 5X7 or so sized tablet? Many in the press were sure it was coming. Maybe it still is will. Apple said earlier in the year that they had more digital lifestyle things in the works. Right now portable DVD players are very hot sellers.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Make a 5x7 screen that can house an iPod and some extra battery. Leech off of the iPod's drive and CPU strength to show the movies. Pop the iPod out and you've got a music player again.

I started a thread about something like this is Digital Hub a week or so ago. Unfortunately nobody loves me and the thread died a slow and painful death.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Sj said no video iPod, at least in the current configuration. I agree, the screen is much too small. But, remember all those rumors about a 5X7 or so sized tablet? Many in the press were sure it was coming. Maybe it still is will. Apple said earlier in the year that they had more digital lifestyle things in the works. Right now portable DVD players are very hot sellers.

I think the point is that a new video device wouldn't be really an iPod at all, but I don't know what else to call it.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    mystmyst Posts: 112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacGregor

I think the point is that a new video device wouldn't be really an iPod at all, but I don't know what else to call it.

I think the word Pod left it open to all sorts of integrated technologies. The name isn't the limit, it will be weather steve wants to keep holding back. Innovation isn't simply a 1 button mouse.