> Apple Copied MS's Expose Texhnology??? Yeah, Right...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
just got this from the macnn lounge. WTF

link to macnn thread

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?threadid=179442

link to wininformant article

http://www.wininformant.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=40367

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Thats interesting I am curious to see Expose work on XP.. I just don`t see how it could work anything like expose with 75% of the apps in windows using MDI interface.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    hmmm, realizing this is an apple-biased site, but can anyone offer some kind of proof that ms came out with expose before apple. and, if its been out so long, how come there isn't anything like it (or is there?) for x11...maybe this is my queue to get down and dirty with xfree86 and make an expose program myself...
  • Reply 3 of 10
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Of course, if you've seen the videos of the lognhorn GUI you can tell they've just about included everything under the sun. with all that wavy '3D' junk, some of it is bound to be expose-like.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Maybe the author confuses Exposé with Quartz Extreme.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Either way Apple is going to have it out first.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

From the Winformant artical

"Microsoft wasn't sure whether it would just demo Aero or supply it to PDC attendees," one source told me recently. But the decision to only demonstrate Aero was made because of the long delay between the PDC and Longhorn's final release, which is set for late 2005. If the company released all of its UI work now, its OS competitors--such as Apple Computer and various companies and organizations in the Linux camp, all of which have fewer customers and faster release cycles than Microsoft--would be able to clone its work before Longhorn releases. This problem has dogged Microsoft in the past, the most recent example being Apple's Expose technology, which will ship in Mac OS X 10.3 late this year; Microsoft has been demonstrating Expose-like technology for years now, but the work won't show up in Windows until the Longhorn release at the earliest.

Yeah right, Microsoft has been working on an Expose-like technology for years and it wasn't included in ME or XP, and won't be included in an OS until Longhorn. That is either total bullshit or Microsoft is extremely inefficient, or both
  • Reply 7 of 10
    ringoringo Posts: 329member
    Whoever wrote that article is talking out their ass. The closest MS has demonstrated to Exposé is the "Show Desktop" icon in the taskbar which has been there since Windows 98.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ringo

Whoever wrote that article is talking out their ass. The closest MS has demonstrated to Exposé is the "Show Desktop" icon in the taskbar which has been there since Windows 98.

That's just a shortcut to hide all windows.

The Mac can do that. It's nothing like Exposé.

Amorya
  • Reply 9 of 10
    ringoringo Posts: 329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorya

That's just a shortcut to hide all windows.

The Mac can do that. It's nothing like Exposé.

Amorya

It's similar to the "Desktop" Exposé command that will be in Panther. You're agreeing with my point, that the paragraph in that article is complete BS.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    That is a terrible site. But for real laughs go to www.ihateapple.com

Oh cool and it looks like they don't even know how to turn on the server. LOL. Must've gotten that new Windoze 2003 Server thang.