iPod musts?

saksak
Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I just bought my first iPod (30 gig) and want to know what are the "must have" add ons and/or software. My iPod rocks!! I don't know how I went this long without it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    must no. 1 (kind of obvious), put music on it.

must no. 2, make ipod visible on the desktop, to use as a firewire drive (its one of the options in iTunes).

aside from music and backups, i dont do much else with mine. apparently you can put contacts, and todo items, and calendars and shit on it. but i dont like to think of my ipod as a pda. for me, its an mp3 player, with a lot of extra space for backups.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    saksak Posts: 39member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thuh Freak

must no. 1 (kind of obvious), put music on it.

must no. 2, make ipod visible on the desktop, to use as a firewire drive (its one of the options in iTunes).

aside from music and backups, i dont do much else with mine. apparently you can put contacts, and todo items, and calendars and shit on it. but i dont like to think of my ipod as a pda. for me, its an mp3 player, with a lot of extra space for backups.

I tried backing up to my iPod using Apples Backup software but couldn't get it to work. I mounted the drive and I could navigate to my iPod from within Backup but it would not give me the option of saving. Any hints or ideas?

Do you have any special cases for your iPod?