Perpetual "What's Next From Adobe?" Thread

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    "Shipping by the end of november." !?!
  • Reply 22 of 33
    I expect it's only a matter of months before a Photoshop 8 (now with G5 optimization)
  • Reply 23 of 33
    *merges this thread with "Adobe releases Creative Suite" thread*
  • Reply 24 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

"Shipping by the end of november." !?!

there is a tryout virsion on the site if you can't wate.
  • Reply 25 of 33
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    The tryout pages are not loading for me...
  • Reply 26 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

[B]first XP, then MX now CS,

Is it just me or are these new naming sceems just silly?

/B]

yup its a load of Crappy Shit.
  • Reply 27 of 33
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    why did adobe feel they had to change everythign all at once? every app updated at once (except acrobat), upgrade pricing scheme changed across the board (except acrobat), visual identity of packaging (ahem, except acrobat), and unnecessary "double letter" abbreviation renaming (except for, you guessed it, acrobat).

is this the same company?

and why is everything always different for acrobat? is it the bastard child of the product line, or the gifted child?

color me confused.
  • Reply 28 of 33
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

"Warnock Pro" font collection? ROFL!!

actually warnock pro opentype font has been out for ages, and its really nice...
  • Reply 29 of 33
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Frank777

I find the pricing most interesting. Upgrades of Photoshop are no longer at a premium. Who do we thank for this...iPhoto?

What do you mean by that? Photoshop upgrades have typically been about $149. Now it's $169.
  • Reply 30 of 33
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iDave

What do you mean by that? Photoshop upgrades have typically been about $149. Now it's $169.

Yikes! My bad. I forgot we deal in Canadian pesos up here. However if memory serves correctly, Photoshop upgrades have always been pricier that the other Adobe products. All the product upgrades are now priced at the same US169.
  • Reply 31 of 33
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    This is disturbing. I tried to "view demo" and this is what i get:

Adobe is rubbing me the wrong way lately. I refuse to download mediaplayer crap.

Edit to update: Yes, I sent Adobe an e-mail stating my dissatisfaction. Not that it will do any good, but I feel better letting them know.
  • Reply 32 of 33
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by naderby

I love the new features of InDesign CS! Apart from this strange new naming.

My favourite features are the Seperations Preview Palette and the new tabbed panels.

Yeah, those tabbed panels look smart and interesting.

Have to generally withhold comments until I actually use them, but if it works as it well as it looks like it might... I wouldn't be surprised if these UI features get folded into PS and Ill over time to help reduce Adobe's creeping palettetitis.

InDesign 3 / CS BTW looks amazing.
  • Reply 33 of 33
    naderbynaderby Posts: 131member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hobbes

Have to generally withhold comments until I actually use them, but if it works as it well as it looks like it might... I wouldn't be surprised if these UI features get folded into PS and Ill over time to help reduce Adobe's creeping palettetitis.

Yer and its interesting the ID has pinched the context sensitive info bar at the top of the screen from PS.

I wonder, do those palette ?spring? back to the edge when not need or stay drawn out?