What font is this?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

For the life of me...I'm stumped? Anyone? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    is this a logo/lettermark?
  • Reply 2 of 16
    if it is, then it could be a manipulated font. I would have to say it is close to Helvetica Regular Condensed Oblique with the p altered.
  • Reply 3 of 16
    to make the P, it looks like they used the O and put an L under it.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Limehouse

is this a logo/lettermark?

A logo for a resturant. I need the font for a Flash section we will be building for them. I have a font animation program I want to use and it'll only work with fonts. I get the feeling that it is a font face I have seen before...just don't know where or what.

Thanks for the help so far...
  • Reply 5 of 16
    If you will be building it for them, can't they give you the name of the font or even the font itself?
  • Reply 6 of 16
    Tonton, what software would one use to make a font?
  • Reply 7 of 16
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    It could be Teuton Weiss Bold Italic but I'm not sure. It comes close, tough.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

It could be Teuton Weiss Bold Italic but I'm not sure. It comes close, tough.

That's definetaly not it, the font he needs is more rounded at the corners.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    I don't know what the above font is, but I can't for the lie of me, work out what this one is:

Does anyone know?

PS: I'll have a look and see what I think the previous font is. m.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Univers 47 Condensed Light Oblique is very close to what you're looking for. The lower case "p" is not exact, but the rest seems to be right on. I suspect the removal of the dots on the "i"'s is not a feature of the original font.

Other similar fonts:

Zurich Light Condensed Italic

Newhouse DT Condensed Light Oblique
  • Reply 11 of 16
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    My first gut reaction was Emigre Platelet...but that's not right. I'd have to agree that it's either a Univers or Helvetica Neue tweaked for a logo.

In case you're not joking Merovingian, that's Apple Myriad.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I love fonts and I love taking existing ones and tweaking them for a logo (removing the dot over and "i" or "j" or elongating a portion of a particular letter and things like that).

Makes me think that's the case with this font. It all looks pretty stock (could be any of the ones suggested above, more or less), but I think that "P" has been created by combining the "o" and the "i", which is what I did below for "popcorn". Made all the letters with the "o", "i", "m" and "e". And that's just 60-seconds of putzing around.

• Reply 13 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

In case you're not joking Merovingian, that's Apple Myriad.

Hehehe. In fact I wasn't joking. I just couldn't remember what it was called.

Can that font be downloaded anywhere, (for free)? m.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    Font lab is probably the high end OSX way to go - pricey though.

http://www.fontlab.com/html/fontlab.html