" Keeper of the Flame " ?

* with those cute caps for emphasis...

Being over 2000+ posts old and all...

It just feels right....

As an alternative I was thinking of having

" Wit & Wisdom "

I am happy with either

So you can suprise me....

What ever happened with this? Are the mods still making up their minds? I am guessing that that the 'Power Tool' incident indicates that this is now entirely a discretionary prerogative.

In any case, Aqua, what about "Speaking in Tongues" as a tribute to your ability to to take that obscure subject and make it yet more obscure (albeit not entirely without interest for the rest of us).
  • Reply 2 of 34
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chinney

..."Speaking in Tongues"...

MUCH better...and perfect for our Aquaesque friend. (Great album too BTW).

[edit:] Damn. Didn't even think to look and see if Aqua's title was already changed. Now I see. Too damn funny.
  • Reply 3 of 34
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

MUCH better...and perfect for our Aquaesque friend. (Great album too BTW).

[edit:] Damn. Didn't even think to look and see if Aqua's title was already changed. Now I see. Too damn funny.

I did not double check either - I thought I was sure that the "Senior Member" was still there just this afternoon - that's why I posted when I had a chance to get back to AI this evening. Could it have changed after my post?

In any case, I think that the title chosen indicates that the 'Power Tool' incident was not an isolated event. Senior posters, beware.

We still luv ya Aqua, even if we don't always fully comprehend.
  • Reply 4 of 34
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquafire

Any chance I can have

" Keeper of the Flame " ?

* with those cute caps for emphasis...

It just feels right....

As an alternative I was thinking of having

" Wit & Wisdom "

I am happy with either

So you can suprise me....

Wilting Wisdom Hmmm for you modz this is almost funny...

I know such "Custom titles" are a courtesy & while I do appreciate your attempts at lame humor......would it really be asking too much to respect my wishes...on this...?
  • Reply 5 of 34
    Quote:

What ever happened with this? Are the mods still making up their minds? I am guessing that that the 'Power Tool' incident indicates that this is now entirely a discretionary prerogative.

In any case, Aqua, what about "Speaking in Tongues" as a tribute to your ability to to take that obscure subject and make it yet more obscure (albeit not entirely without interest for the rest of us).

Speaking in Tongues

Actually that's good too....but I still prefer " Wit & Wisdom "

Re the Scott & the Power tool thing....

Maybe senior members should have the right to change it as they can the " from " section of their posting names...
  • Reply 6 of 34
    Well, custom titles are a privilege. It's also kind of a gamble, since currently we have to change your title... so you have to hope you catch whoever does it in the right mood on the right day with the right phase of the moon... and even then we may not make it exactly what you want. We do it because we love you guys

I don't even know how to change the titles. The admin control panel has like five thousand options. I just get Murray to do it
  • Reply 7 of 34
    Quote:

Speaking in Tongues

Actually that's good too....but I still prefer " Wit & Wisdom "

Re the Scott & the Power tool thing....

Maybe senior members should have the right to change it as they can the " from " section of their posting names...

Well, "Wilting Wisdom" could be intepreted negatively, but I really doubt that the mods intended any insult. The Wisdom is there and the wilting is just a pun on your suggestion. I do think that my suggestion might have captured it a bit better though.

As to whether this should be left to the individual, rather than the moderators, I don't mind the moderators doing it, as long as it is done in a spirit of respect and good humour.

There is a saying in German "We only tease the ones we love".
  • Reply 8 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

Well, custom titles are a privilege. It's also kind of a gamble, since currently we have to change your title... so you have to hope you catch whoever does it in the right mood on the right day with the right phase of the moon... and even then we may not make it exactly what you want. We do it because we love you guys

I don't even know how to change the titles. The admin control panel has like five thousand options. I just get Murray to do it

So Murray..

If it is you..( or who-ever it is )....be nice...change it to " Wit & Wisdom as I courteously asked...

I really feel annoyed about this......& really don't appreciate the so called humour....
  • Reply 9 of 34
    Quote:

So Murray..

If it is you..( or who-ever it is )....be nice...change it to " Wit & Wisdom as I courteously asked...

I really feel annoyed about this......& really don't appreciate the so called humour....

I guess that I stand by my previous comment about it being a prerogative for the Mods to do it, as long as it is done with respect and good humour. It is just a pun on your suggestion!!!! With all the technical talk and rancour, there is part of AI that should have some humour, even teasing humour, as long as it is gentle.

I do think, however, that if a member really, really doesn't like his custom title, that he/she should at least have the option to go back to "Senior Member"

I could be wrong, but I think that Scott has come to like PowerTool.

cheers, Aqua...
  • Reply 10 of 34
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Oh, what the heck, I'm in an inexplicably good mood this morning.
  • Reply 11 of 34
    Quote:

Senior posters, beware.

Seems you're not immune either there 'Chimney' Heh heh.

[edit]: Wait a minute! WTF? 'Shrill and Unstable'!!!???

I guess I did ask for that in an 'unstable' moment... Heh. Thanks (I think).
  • Reply 12 of 34
    Quote:

Actually, the rule is over 1000 posts.

And, yes, if you choose to make such a request, hope you are on our good side as you will be subject to the whims and mood of whoever takes your request.

• Reply 13 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

Seems you're not immune either there 'Chimney' Heh heh.

??? Don't see anything. If if was there, they must have changed it back.

Anyway, I am not exactly a Senior Member around here so I don't get one. And at my post rate, it will be about another 4 years before I reach the 2000 posts that Aqua felt qualified him. However, I do turn 40 this year, so maybe I could qualify as a 'Senior Citizen Member'.
  • Reply 14 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Brad looking over my shoulder as I type....
  • Reply 15 of 34
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Quote:

??? Don't see anything. If if was there, they must have changed it back.

Anyway, I am not exactly a Senior Member around here so I don't get one. And at my post rate, it will be about another 4 years before I reach the 2000 posts that Aqua felt qualified him. However, I do turn 40 this year, so maybe I could qualify as a 'Senior Citizen Member'.

It was simply Chimney, but they changed it back.

Slightly off topic, what happened to Murbot's name? Was someone mispronouncing it?
  • Reply 16 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by bauman

Slightly off topic, what happened to Murbot's name? Was someone mispronouncing it?

The Story of Mihrbot?.
  • Reply 17 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

Oh, what the heck, I'm in an inexplicably good mood this morning.

Does this good mood mean that Scott can get Fairer and More Balanced?
  • Reply 18 of 34
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Hey, don't get the idea that I'm the only title changer around here.

• Reply 19 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

And, yes, if you choose to make such a request, hope you are on our good side as you will be subject to the whims and mood of whoever takes your request.

BullSh*t........I see it as more a case of double standards...

Don't see you guys friggin around with Ander's " Fair & Balanced" or even BR's " Justified Arrogance".

Everyone else had their requests met with respect..except for Scott & me....

And that includes Luca, IBrowse,Thuh Freak, Spart & Ebby....

As for being on your good side...can't even begin to imagine how I have allegedly offended ....
  • Reply 20 of 34
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member