SixtyForce

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 75
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    So can someone test Mupen .3 on a G5 or dual G4?
  • Reply 62 of 75
    Quote:

Originally posted by cooop

I'd be much more into SixtyForce if it wasn't such a huge pain in the ass to find workable roms without having to 'vote' over and over again (fruitlessly I might add). Sigh. I miss my 64. I love Nintendo but I'm extremely unimpressed with the Gamecube and will continue to be as long as Nintendo continues to refuse market trends. At this rate, they may as well kiss their console division goodbye and concentrate solely on the GBA and software development. But this doesn't have to happen...

Use Poisoned

http://poisonedproject.com
  • Reply 63 of 75
    Hi i have a new Alu 15in 1.25 and I just heard about that Mupen .3 emulator. I ran it and played Mario 64 with framerates over 30fps the whole time. Mario Kart ran smooth. Even GoldenEye worked (slow though) the graphics were clean. I'm surprsied how well that program works. I would recommend it over sixtyforce right now.
  • Reply 64 of 75
    Yup I think Gerrit could've made some money a year ago but he took time off and I don't think he'll be able to catch up especially since he uses High Level instead of low level emu and will never have as much compatibility. Can you please test Mupen .3 with Perfect Dark, that has to be the most demanding N64 game. Thanks again howyoudoin.
  • Reply 65 of 75
    Alright so with Mupen64 I already played perfect dark. It was pretty slow but the graphics were pretty clear and its needed a little work but speed was main the issue. Here's a screen shot

As you can see i had ichat open but it the speed really didn't change with it off so i hope that means there is room for improvement.

Here's the link to the photo if it doesn't work in the forum

http://www.geocities.com/doughboyj/perfectdark.jpg
  • Reply 66 of 75
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Strange, because I've tried Mupen and Mario and Mario Kart don't play well at all. Not to mention the audio sucks ass.
  • Reply 67 of 75
    What hardware do you have? You need a muscular computer.
  • Reply 68 of 75
    Quote:

Originally posted by howyoudoin

Alright so with Mupen64 I already played perfect dark. It was pretty slow but the graphics were pretty clear and its needed a little work but speed was main the issue. Here's a screen shot

As you can see i had ichat open but it the speed really didn't change with it off so i hope that means there is room for improvement.

Here's the link to the photo if it doesn't work in the forum

http://www.geocities.com/doughboyj/perfectdark.jpg

Broken Link.
  • Reply 69 of 75
    Don't click the link. GeoCities doesn't allow off-site linking. Instead, copy it and paste it into a new window.

There. I've edited those messages so the link isn't clickable. Now you *have* to copy it to another window.
  • Reply 70 of 75
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Don't click the link. GeoCities doesn't allow off-site linking. Instead, copy it and paste it into a new window.

There. I've edited those messages so the link isn't clickable. Now you *have* to copy it to another window.

Stupid Geocities....
  • Reply 71 of 75
    I never knew geocities did that bummer. My bad. Well I think i'm getting a .mac account and I'll post some snapz pro captures of it in action (hopefully it won't slow down the emulator)

Josiah
  • Reply 72 of 75
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

What hardware do you have? You need a muscular computer.

1.5 ghz (giga design) G4 / 1.12Gig RAM (originally 733 quicksilver).

edit: These games run nealy perfect on Sixty force.
  • Reply 73 of 75
    I have a powerbook 1.25ghz, and it runs pretty good. I'm betting after each release (sixty force is at .7 and Mupen is at .3) that it will improve because how old is the nintendo 64? I mean SNES runs pretty good and that came out what 12 years ago. N64 came out i think in 1995 so that's 8 years so i'm betting we are getting close. (it seems that about after every two generations the emulators start to catch up)
  • Reply 74 of 75
    The new version is out........ finally my controller works
  • Reply 75 of 75
    SixtyForce .7.5 final is OUT! W00T! It is FINALLY at 90%. It is perfect almost at MarioKart and Party. Smashbrothers is finally PLAYABLE on my PowerBook G4 12" 867mhz. Must be fine on faster computers.

I'm so psyched, this is the first release that is IN THE ZONE. Now, any news with Mupen .4? That's the future as far as compatibility is concerned but for now, it's SixtyForce. It works, and it's up to speed basically. Audio still gets a little weird but I'll chalk that up to having a low end, relatively speaking, system. And I am about to install Panther which I assume speeds everything up at least a little.

I wonder if it's possible to offload any emulator stuff to graphics cards?