America's Army 2.0 Specials Forces

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi guys

The new expansion pack/upgrade will be out for the Mac in October (we hope)

I am collecting AA:SF 2.0 pics for my gallery. I hope it will help us all get a betterunderstanding of the game, including the objectives, classes, weapons, effects and maps. By hosting and displaying them all togather in a neat, orderly fashion, maybe we can fill in the blanks as to how the game will ultimately look and feel. Enjoy!

http://homepage.mac.com/dstranathan/

Have pics? I will add them daily! E-mail me:

[email protected]

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    Hay Dan

Great job!

Mike
  • Reply 2 of 14
    gargoylegargoyle Posts: 660member
    Very nice...

That last picture should read... "Whose got the puncture repair kit?"
  • Reply 3 of 14
    How knowledgeable about America's Army are you guys? I'm having trouble figuring out what's going on. I did the training, and have deployed many times, but all I ever do is die. I've killed a total of 3 guys in about 25 deployments.

How do I learn more about strategy or tips/tricks?
  • Reply 4 of 14
    Play with us!!!

It takes alot of time and effort to learn the maps and in the mean time you are beign shot at and killed by seasoned players.

The best way to stay alive is to follow a guy who has a high honor level

or you see a guy who has a high honor level and is a team player, this guy will indeed help you out and maybe even give you some pointers.

Try to play on a map for a good length of time, that way you learn where all the good spots are to attack and defend...you get use to ambush spots and choke points, as well use headsphones and listen closely to the sounds around you, you can usually tell when the enemy is near.

I am on AA.O called SER Sgt MacMike (Honor 26) and SER iDiablo (Honor 29), we play almost everynight and alot more on weekends.

Mike
  • Reply 5 of 14
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    i'm gonna try and download it to play on my dual G5.

should be fun.

is there a bit torrent for the file? the only places i found were downloading at about 9k.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    The actual download is around 500 megs...

You can download it at www.macgamefiles.com

http://macgamefiles.com/detail.php?item=17749

It is the best FPS game I have ever played!!!

Mike
  • Reply 7 of 14
    3d gamers. com got me a download at 200k. that should do it.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    Ya..that sounds great!!!

Welcome to AA.O ...it is a great game.

Mike
  • Reply 9 of 14
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    MacGameFiles has the WORST download rates EVAR. I went straight to the America's Army website and downloaded it, went nice and fast. Also, I took the link from that website and pasted it into iGetter which has a built-in mirror search. So it found a few mirrors and downloaded from all of them, giving me some excellent speeds.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    Welcome to AA (haha, I HAD to say that)

e-mail me to play

[email protected]

I'm on AA a lot. My name is "iDiablo". If you have iChat, meet up with us and we can all play.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    I'm having problems installing this game. i've downloaded it twice now from two different locations and the same thing is happening..... It downloads fine, unstuffs alright... but when disk copy (or whatever it is) does it's thing nothing mounts. A progress bar finishes and then nothing. Nothing on the desktop.... what's going on?
  • Reply 12 of 14
    what version of OSX are you running?
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

what version of OSX are you running?

I first tried in 10.2.6 and today with 10.2.8
  • Reply 14 of 14
    I just tried one last time...................nuttin'. Looks like it's UT2K for me (and Quake 3 if I can get the damn punkbuster to work)