Can't get to my iTMS shopping cart

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
For the past hour and a half, this is what I see when I click on my iTunes shopping cart:

Quote:

An error occurred

The Music store could not process your request, please try again

later.

Anyone else having this problem? I can see the rest of the store, and play song samples, I just can't see what's in my cart to check it out.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    It works for me, but I don't have anything in my cart.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    I'm still having the same problem today. I've quit iTunes and restarted to no avail. It must just be me, because I'm sure there'd be more screaming if lots of people had inaccessible iTMS shopping carts.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    You might want to contact Apple. It sounds like your account might have gotten messed up.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

You might want to contact Apple. It sounds like your account might have gotten messed up.

My first e-mail didn't get through, because I'd pasted in an image of the error dialog -- the mail got rejected for having a file attachment.

My second e-mail got this response:

Quote:

We have escalated your report to Music Store engineering. Your message is flagged for follow-up and we will email you once we have a resolution. You can expect an update within 24 to 72 hours. Thank you for your patience as we work to make your experience with the iTunes Music Store more enjoyable.

I take this to mean my shopping cart issue is the kind of problem that only someone who comes in on Monday can deal with.

These things always seem to happen to me on Friday or Saturday. More often when it's going to be a long weekend. \

I have a feeling that it's going to turn out that something has gone wrong to corrupt the database records for my shopping cart, and fixing it will me deleting the contents of my cart. If so, that'll be annoying because I'd put stuff that in there that was new to me, because I liked how sounded, not because I had already memorized the artist and album info before deciding I might want to buy the music. Since the old "Just Added" lists get paired down each week, not showing all the songs they showed when they were new, it could be hard finding some of that music again.