Waterfield Cozmo bag

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just received my WF Cozmo bag combo. So far, so good. I don't know if I'd pay this much again, but only time can answer that question, I guess. First impression: I'm very happy with it.

I put pictures up, as so many people seemed to have questions about it.

http://homepage.mac.com/cmccallum/PhotoAlbum1.html

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Kind of a nice bag. Dare I ask how many $$$?

I bought a cheap-o Columbia bag that's a little bit more than a sleeve but still small. I paid $20 or less for it so I'm happy. I'm thinking of getting a Timbuk2 commute bag too.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    hello,

I ordered a Waterfield sleeve #11 and a Crumpler Mcbain Love Child in large for my 15inch Albook. I had hoped the computer would be here by now but nope, both bags arrived and no 15inch to try them with. So I did the logical thing and took both bags down to the Apple store for a fitting. Here are the results:

Crumpler: this is a very cool looking bag. Extremely simple design but very very sturdy and well padded. Unfortunately, the 15 does not fit. Thats too bad because otherwise it would have been perfect. It is a sleeve with a shoulder strap and a zippered pocket for the adapter, ipod, cell phone, and digital camera... but not the computer. Just what I wanted except for the part about the computer not fitting.

Waterfield: Another good looking sleeve. I got it with the flap, the strap, and the piggyback (plus the free rhyming dictionary). It is made of heavy ballistic outside and soft neoprene inside. I got it in vertical because i wanted to put it inside my backpack.

Here is why I am returning it: It is way too flexible. When empty it just flops right over. The padding is not thick enough for me to be comfortable putting the pbook in with my books. Also the sleeve is a little loose around the powerbook. Not a whole lot but enough to make me nervous. Plus it was EXPENSIVE. Also, am I the only one who thinks neoprene stinks?

There is nothing really wrong with this bag but I'm going to keep looking for something more rigid.

In the end, I think I am done shopping online. You just can't judge a bag with pictures. When I was at the apple store I looked at the timbuk2 commute and the brenthaven professional. They both look great and now i just have to decide if i want the ultimate protection with the brenthaven, even though it looks way too conservative, or the cool timbuk2 even though it does not offer the same level of protection. No kidding, you could throw the brenthaven down a flight of stairs and the computer would be safe, the apple guy said he did it.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    machemmachem Posts: 319member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cris84

hello,

I ordered a Waterfield sleeve #11 and a Crumpler Mcbain Love Child in large for my 15inch Albook. I had hoped the computer would be here by now but nope, both bags arrived and no 15inch to try them with. So I did the logical thing and took both bags down to the Apple store for a fitting. Here are the results:

Crumpler: this is a very cool looking bag. Extremely simple design but very very sturdy and well padded. Unfortunately, the 15 does not fit. Thats too bad because otherwise it would have been perfect. It is a sleeve with a shoulder strap and a zippered pocket for the adapter, ipod, cell phone, and digital camera... but not the computer. Just what I wanted except for the part about the computer not fitting.

Waterfield: Another good looking sleeve. I got it with the flap, the strap, and the piggyback (plus the free rhyming dictionary). It is made of heavy ballistic outside and soft neoprene inside. I got it in vertical because i wanted to put it inside my backpack.

Here is why I am returning it: It is way too flexible. When empty it just flops right over. The padding is not thick enough for me to be comfortable putting the pbook in with my books. Also the sleeve is a little loose around the powerbook. Not a whole lot but enough to make me nervous. Plus it was EXPENSIVE. Also, am I the only one who thinks neoprene stinks?

There is nothing really wrong with this bag but I'm going to keep looking for something more rigid.

In the end, I think I am done shopping online. You just can't judge a bag with pictures. When I was at the apple store I looked at the timbuk2 commute and the brenthaven professional. They both look great and now i just have to decide if i want the ultimate protection with the brenthaven, even though it looks way too conservative, or the cool timbuk2 even though it does not offer the same level of protection. No kidding, you could throw the brenthaven down a flight of stairs and the computer would be safe, the apple guy said he did it.

Well, I'm back because I'm giving the WaterField to my wife. We decided it looked too girly for me. Too bad -- I agonized for a long time over this decision (deciding on a PowerBook is the easy part, yes?).

Chris84, was your #11 sleeve really too big? Mine fits like a glove. In fact, because I am so happy with the sleeve, and it is so well-made, I'm looking for a solution where I can use it and not feel bad about the $30 or so it's worth.

The other question was how much I paid? $220, including an iSight case ($24). Got a Cozmo bundle --- includes the #11 sleeve, and a cable case. I think it was worth it, even though it's going to my wife. This thing is really well-made.

chris84, I could have told you the AlBook wouldn't fit in that Crumpler. You'd want a Very Busy Man or a Crisp Suit. I'm really leaning towards the CS because the WF sleeve would fit inside, which would add a lot of protection. On the other hand, it's probably overkill, and I should just get the VBM, and not use the WF sleeve.

And there is the problem with Timbuk2 --- I've been using them since the year they started. I have two Dee Dogs. I don't want to use one of them with the sleeve, however, as there is no divider in the Dee Dog, and the sleeved 'book would flop/slide around (I have this problem now with papers and books). But the commute bag is nice, will hold the 15", and well, it's a Timbuk2. I can always go down the the Apple store to check it out in person, I guess.

What to do....