Let's compare Dual G5 ship dates

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 100
    So the shipping for my Dual ordered on 9/22 went from 2 day to bestway. What in the world is bestway? Best way for me or best way for them?

I am also curious because a couple days after I ordered mine, the wait period went from 3-5 weeks to 7-10 days. Seems like if that is the case mine should be shipping any minute now - I guess we shall see... \
  • Reply 82 of 100
    I picked up my dual yesterday (Oct 2). Stock in every way. Ordered it on Sept 20. The duals are in Calgary.
  • Reply 83 of 100
    I ordered my G5 8/13/03. They are giving me on or before 10/24/03. The waiting is just killing me, especially after reading these posts. Here is the config. can anyone tell me why it is taking so long? My contact at mac mall can get me a stock 2xG5 now.

Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5

2GB DDR400 (PC3200) - 2x1GB

160GB Serial ATA - 7200rpm

Super Drive (DVD-R/CD-RW)

ATI Radeon 9600 Pro

56k V.92 Internal Modem

BlueTooth Module

Airport Extreme Card
  • Reply 84 of 100
    I too am struggling not to drive down to SmallDog and pick up a stock Dual and buy a retail 9800 Pro. They have 13 in stock. Grrrr.
  • Reply 85 of 100
    A humble, totally unknowledgable guess...

Maybe the longer wait is due to the 2 extra 1Gb RAM chips....?

Who knows. Good luck with your G5s everyone.
  • Reply 86 of 100
    Just got the info that my dual G5 ordered 10/1 from MacConnection has shipped 10/4. It is with the rebate 1 Gb RAM. It looks like product is in the channel now.
  • Reply 87 of 100
    I just said the hell with it and called the Apple Store at Willow Glenn in Plano, Texas. They had the Dual G5in stock and a 1 GB set of RAM. I am just happy that I got it! Now I am going to cancel my web order. Apple could have at least sent me an email explaining what was taking so long on my order. Last time I will ever order from the web Apple store. Anyway, I need to find out if you can order the Internal Bluetooth card. If not I will have to live with a USB type. Best of luck to everyone still waiting.
  • Reply 88 of 100
    coolmaccoolmac Posts: 259member
    Hey Heagan, you can't get the internal bluetooth module unless you bto it (its on the mother board) but to put your mind at ease I had forgotten to include the bluetooth module when I ordered my G5.

I got the d-link DBT-120 bluetooth dongle and the bluetooth mouse & keyboard.

They are working like a charm and the plus is I can remove the dongle and put it on another computer if I want.
  • Reply 89 of 100
    jerombajeromba Posts: 357member
    my patience is near its limit...

On 06/26/03, I've ordered my Dual CTO (250 GB, 9800, Bluetooth, 1 Gig RAM)... and still nothing at home

Last Minute ! I've received my tracking order on 09/27...

But still nothing at home
  • Reply 90 of 100
    Ahhh I snapped - I couldn't take it anymore. I cancelled my order with Apple and ordered a stock Dual 2 from PC Connection with free 1GB memory and $100 rebate. I also ordered the retail version of the 9800 to pop in there - you get more control over the card anyway when it is retail opposed to OEM (ATi utilities...)

Sorry Apple - I just couldn't take that 'on or before 10/28' anymore!
  • Reply 91 of 100
    sf_vr6sf_vr6 Posts: 14member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jeromba

my patience is near its limit...

On 06/26/03, I've ordered my Dual CTO (250 GB, 9800, Bluetooth, 1 Gig RAM)... and still nothing at home

Last Minute ! I've received my tracking order on 09/27...

But still nothing at home

Hey, it's Oct 6th today. Do you have it yet?
  • Reply 92 of 100
    sf_vr6sf_vr6 Posts: 14member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carson O'Genic

Just got the info that my dual G5 ordered 10/1 from MacConnection has shipped 10/4. It is with the rebate 1 Gb RAM. It looks like product is in the channel now.

Carson have you received your dual yet?
  • Reply 93 of 100
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    I did not recieve my dual yet. It was scheduled to arrive september the 30 : nothing. Now it's scheduled to arrive october the 6th : and nothing. I 'll hope they won't say to me that it's scheduled to arrive october the 13 ...
  • Reply 94 of 100
    Quote:

Originally posted by SF_VR6

Hey, it's Oct 6th today. Do you have it yet?

No The Dual has left Ireland to go to Luxembourg then yesterday to Utrecht (Netherlands)... So it's like he was near me two times !!!

Yes!!! The TNT guy is coming at my door !!!

But only with the AppleCare's G5

Maybe tomorrow for the Dual G5
  • Reply 95 of 100
    Quote:

Originally posted by jeromba

No The Dual has left Ireland to go to Luxembourg then yesterday to Utrecht (Netherlands)... So it's like he was near me two times !!!

Yes!!! The TNT guy is coming at my door !!!

But only with the AppleCare's G5

Maybe tomorrow for the Dual G5

Where did you order?

My Dual today arrived at my dealer. (Netherlands btw)

It's CTO without modem, 2.5Gig ram, superdrive and the 9800Pro.

As I did not order via Apple, but a reseller (first week july), I'm really happy to have it so soon.
  • Reply 96 of 100
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carson O'Genic

I got it yesterday (10/7). Set up was quick and easy. Funny, the case didn't seem as large as I expected, but I've seen the G5 in the store and must have been prepared. I think it is the best looking PowerMac case yet. The feel of the metal is great. The door comes off easily, and the design is even better than the last cases (especially in tight quarters). It is very quite, but has very organic sounds. The flux of the fans as you stress the system gives a kind of live feedback to what your doing. I also hear some disk (processor?) noises. I don't know yet if these are what others have reported. Overall the fans and chirping noises make it seem alive. I don't mind the noises at all, but if your recording audio it may be another story. I have the mac on the table so its close to my ear.

Start time is very fast. As are most other things I've tried. The only anoying thing is that the mouse cursor jumps locations a lot. i need to see if I can adjust some setting to alleviate this.
  • Reply 97 of 100
    Start time is very fast. As are most other things I've tried. The only annoying thing is that the mouse cursor jumps locations a lot. i need to see if I can adjust some setting to alleviate this. [/B][/QUOTE]

These make the biggest difference other than buying a better mouse.

http://www.handstands.com/Retail/optical.html

http://www.litepads.com/

What I am disappointed in is the keyboard. It looks like a dustpan with keys. The action is really good, but is just doesn't match the computer. I think I am going to get that Logitech cordless one. Unless anyone has had any bad experiences with them.

• Reply 98 of 100
    Quote:

Originally posted by reactor

Where did you order?

My Dual today arrived at my dealer. (Netherlands btw)

It's CTO without modem, 2.5Gig ram, superdrive and the 9800Pro.

As I did not order via Apple, but a reseller (first week july), I'm really happy to have it so soon.

I order via AppleStore Belgium on june 26.

But finally today I received my Dual

But it is loud ! I mean more than my Dual G4 1.25 and a lot more than my G5 1.6 !

I have oscillating noise coming from the powersupply, also the metallic noises from the 2 processors and a high pitch wine from the Radeon 9800

And on top of that it's true this Dual G5 is very alive. Like when you shaking/resize a safari window, all the fans screams ! Idem when doing some light photoshop or simply copy 200 MB files... very strange...

The G5 1.6 don't do all this things at all.

Hopefully I have an AppleCare. I think mine is not working well at all.

Crash at first boot before install, crash after install, etc.

Xmas nightmare here
  • Reply 99 of 100
    mine is very very quiet and its up on my desk. The only thing that loud is the cd drive, its really clunky, i don't get it.
  • Reply 100 of 100
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    I find all this to be hilarious. I have a part coming from PC Connection for my iPod. Order date 29 April. Still have not received it.

Not even sure what the part is. It is the "Get Connected Bundle"

Weeks, paashaw, try months!