*Fixed* 10.2.8 Update from Software Update

Comments

• Reply 21 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Wow. Audio STILL ****ING SKIPS though it skips in a "different" way. The skip sounds harsher. can anyone else verify this?

Of course iTunes 4.0.1 by itself still ****ing skips. iTunes 4 is a buggy POS and I can't wait for 5. I mean come on it completely randomly skips! That is not acceptable!

No it's not a cache issue it didn't happen until today.

what kind of machine, how much ram, ect,ect,ect. I have a 300mhz ibook, 500 mhz imac, 450 mhz cube, and 1ghz imac, and it works fine on ALL OF THEM. yes, even when multitasking...
  • Reply 22 of 50
    eds66eds66 Posts: 119member
    Updated both my dual Gig QuickSilver and my new 15" 1.25 PowerBook. Both machines have had no problems after the update. Can't say I see any difference speed-wise.
  • Reply 23 of 50
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    I am one of those suffering the infamous "battery" issue and now have about a 50 minute charge since I installed the prior 10.2.8. I hope this will fix that.

Nick
  • Reply 24 of 50
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    So far my kensington wireless mouse seems to be recognized by the OS. However I'll give it a few days to be sure due to the inconsistant nature of this problem.
  • Reply 25 of 50
    neilybneilyb Posts: 128member
    fixed my battery problem! back to 3:55 at full charge on my 12 incher...

NeilyB
  • Reply 26 of 50
    ragexragex Posts: 126member
    Fixed my battery percentage problem as well. That was my only issue with 10.2.8, so all is well.
  • Reply 27 of 50
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Of course iTunes 4.0.1 by itself still ****ing skips. iTunes 4 is a buggy POS and I can't wait for 5. I mean come on it completely randomly skips! That is not acceptable!

Hmm... I'd be mad about this too.... if my PowerBook with iTunes 4.0.1 ever skipped.

\
  • Reply 28 of 50
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Not to turn this into an iTunes thread but every since iTunes 4 I think, when updating information to a song (artists, track name, whatever) it skips. It didn't used to do this. Does it on both QS G4 towers I use and on my new 1.25Ghz 15"
  • Reply 29 of 50
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    I installed the original .2.8 update and now I 've installed the new .2.8 fix.

It helps a lot.

When I first installed the .2.8 update the battery life indicator went to shit. Keep in mind that I don't think the actuall battery life went to shit, just the indicator went all out of whack -- it would hover in the 2-2.5 hour range for well over an hour, for example. Also, Safari went to the dogs and slowed down massively, and it appears so did other internet communications.

These problems seem largely fixed now that I've installed the fix.

At first the indicated battery life shot UP OVER 6 hours. I thought, wow, now it's off in the other direction. However, it quickly settled down into the 4:30-5 range. I haven't timed it on my watch yet, but it seems that battery life may have actually improved, as these figures represent a 20-30 minute improvement over my .2.6 runtime and they seem to indicate reserve power at a steady rate.

Safari also seems to be back to normal (or just about) and other internet speed issues look to be repaired.
  • Reply 30 of 50
    Has anyone tried to install the new 10.2.8 on a Lombard or beige desktop?
  • Reply 31 of 50
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    iTunes 4.01 randomly skips it is rare but well documented. Also Matsu I also saw Safari start to dramatically slow down from 10.2.8 A and now with 10.2.8 B it's back up. People are saying my bandwith on my carracho server has turned to crap now though. Hmm. Still giving the update a work out.
  • Reply 32 of 50
    jasocojasoco Posts: 74member
    Oohhhh.. Okaaay... Now I get why it's telling me to update when I already did!

Well, I haven't had MANY problems, but I have had iTunes skip. So I'll update.

WHERE'S MY PANTHER!!!!????
  • Reply 33 of 50
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Yes audio definitely still skips and this was my biggest issue. I am VERY unhappy and I will either have to downgrade to 10.2.6 or get Panther right when it comes out. I wrote them and asked if another update will ever be released. Does anyone know if there will in fact be a 10.2.9?
  • Reply 34 of 50
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    So, is it 'safe' for me with good ole .2.6?

Or perhaps more importantly, is it Snappier??
  • Reply 35 of 50
    eds66eds66 Posts: 119member
    Spoke too soon about my 15 inch powerbook. After the update I started having strange freezes and hangs. Not even kernel panics, but just freezes. Blew away the drive and reinstalled 10.2.7. All problems went away.
  • Reply 36 of 50
    Guess I'll chime in here.

I added the update to my iMac DV 400Mhz SE. Everything is ok except a program I use infrequently no longer allows drag and drop.

LameBrain (0.6.2b1) will no longer allow drag and drop nor will it recognize .wav files in a dialog box (I see them but can't select them)! I just wanted to rip a few wav files I just made and this program is great for that as this machine is very SLOW at ripping wav's to mp3's.

Everything else seems to be ok.
  • Reply 37 of 50
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    Quote:

Originally posted by EDS66

Spoke too soon about my 15 inch powerbook. After the update I started having strange freezes and hangs. Not even kernel panics, but just freezes. Blew away the drive and reinstalled 10.2.7. All problems went away.

10.2.7 on a PowerBook?
  • Reply 38 of 50
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacUsers

10.2.7 on a PowerBook?

Sure why not? Or am I misunderstanding your question?
  • Reply 39 of 50
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    MacUsers, if you're confused about the possibility of 10.2.7 on a PowerBook, let me explain.

10.2.7 was originally for the G5s, for 64-bit compatability. But the new PowerBooks ship with a version of 10.2.7 as well (the same one? I don't know). You can upgrade the PowerBooks to 10.2.8 but apparently it causes some problems for people.
  • Reply 40 of 50
    maskermasker Posts: 451member
    2 people have confirmed that Wacom tablets are not recognized in 10.2.8.

1 person i know now has a greyed out modem in the network panel after 10.2.8.

FYI

MSKR