Panther 7B** Builds Discussion (images on page 2 & 5)

Comments

• Reply 1021 of 1176
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iEatMyHomeWork

I am new to macs... and waiting for Panther release, to buy my first mac...

I am just wondering if I can login to a windows domain using OS X ?? [ethernet :-D] My work has a domain controller on win 2k...

Yes you can (assuming you are talking about Active Directory). Panther includes support for logging in to windows domains, just like a CRAPPY wintel computer.

Not only that, Panther Server includes the ability to function as an Active Directory and/or NT domain controller!

Barto
  • Reply 1022 of 1176
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    When the hell is the latest build going up on ADC? Man am I eager... and I don't have time to be testing 10.2.8... blah.
  • Reply 1023 of 1176
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Barto

Yes you can (assuming you are talking about Active Directory). Panther includes support for logging in to windows domains, just like a good wintel computer.

I'm sorry, what was that? I MUST have misheard you...
  • Reply 1024 of 1176
    In Panther, do the menus on the RHS of the menu bar behave correctly? ie: clock, displays, iSync, sound, ethernet, internet, etc... m.
  • Reply 1025 of 1176
    Quote:

Originally posted by Merovingian

In Panther, do the menus on the RHS of the menu bar behave correctly? ie: clock, displays, iSync, sound, ethernet, internet, etc... m.

I'm not sure that I've seen them--iChat, Bluetooth, AirPort, Sound, and Clock, in my case--behave incorrectly, but I have a couple of gripes about the AirPort menu which, firstly, still contains no link to the AirPort Admin Utility and, secondly, takes a half-second to display, whereas the other menus appear instantly.
  • Reply 1026 of 1176
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Merovingian

They do in 7B74 yes. But one thing I dont' like is that my PTH clock is no longer on the RHS corner as it is in Jaguar. It appears to the left of from right corner to left - Sound, Monitors, iChat - I don't have any others mounted there.
  • Reply 1027 of 1176
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

I'm sorry, what was that? I MUST have misheard you...

Consider my post EDITED
  • Reply 1028 of 1176
    jay1jay1 Posts: 22member
    Hmm to post or not to post screan shots of Panther 7b85. Hmm. seams pritty stable and speedy. took every thing i could throw at it. even tryed maya and still dident crash. every thing seams to work in it.
  • Reply 1029 of 1176
    Quote:

Originally posted by jay1

Hmm to post or not to post screan shots of Panther 7b85. Hmm. seams pritty stable and speedy. took every thing i could throw at it. even tryed maya and still dident crash. every thing seams to work in it.

Post us the About This Mac Dialog box. Does it say "Pre-Release"?
  • Reply 1030 of 1176
    No it does not say pre release. leme re setup my web server and ill post a link.=). Ill have em up in less then a hour.
  • Reply 1031 of 1176
    Quote:

No it does not say pre release. leme re setup my web server and ill post a link.=). Ill have em up in less then a hour.

OK cool dude.
  • Reply 1032 of 1176
    Well heres a link no slow users tho

_http://apple.servepics.com

4.98 megs of pics compressed it from 12.8 megs. pics are one after another. ill keep it up tell it gets to laged
  • Reply 1033 of 1176
    Quote:

Well heres a link no slow users tho

_http://apple.servepics.com

4.98 megs of pics compressed it from 12.8 megs. pics are one after another. ill keep it up tell it gets to laged

sweet!
  • Reply 1034 of 1176
    Glad you guys like em. since posted over 100 meg thru put. so about almost 25 users have viewed it.=) \

Now over 400 megs thru put heh. trying to lag my conection?

heh
  • Reply 1035 of 1176
    For what it's worth, the following was posted over at MacInTouch today:

"Meanwhile, a MacInTouch reader confirms that Apple's Mac OS X 'Panther' release is finished, with Apple expected to start distributing disk images by Monday to selected groups."

Further confirmation...
  • Reply 1036 of 1176
    Sorry all i had to take it down. over 3 gb of traffic on my home comp. ill put it backup tommrow.
  • Reply 1037 of 1176
    Has anyone here had a chance to build Panther 7B59 (the one that supposedly allows you to perform an upgrade install from 10.1.x and 10.2.x)? I'm really curious as to how stable that version is.. I really hope Panther releases soon... I'm getting sorta anxious lol....
  • Reply 1038 of 1176
    Just some observations to fuel the endless speculation:

The ADC site was down for maintenance for several hours last night.

Now, on the Download Software area of Apple's Developer Connection web site, the last seeded build of Panther (7B74) has been moved off of the main What's New page (it is still on the Mac OS X page). Xcode 7B74 and 10.2.8 6R73 are still on the What's New page.
  • Reply 1039 of 1176
    frykefryke Posts: 217member
    What - you mean 7B74 is NOT NEW ANYMORE?! ;-) ... Still waiting for a new build on ADC myself... *sigh*
  • Reply 1040 of 1176
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by eizzumdm

Now, on the Download Software area of Apple's Developer Connection web site, the last seeded build of Panther (7B74) has been moved off of the main What's New page (it is still on the Mac OS X page). Xcode 7B74 and 10.2.8 6R73 are still on the What's New page.

That happens automatically - 7B74 is over 14 days old now.