Official MLB Division Series Topic

Comments

• Reply 21 of 92
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fran441

I can't believe they let Kim into the game to pitch. Pedro had to go 9 if they wanted to win that game.

This isn't shaping up to be a fun October so far...
  • Reply 22 of 92
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Ok, the Red Sox now have to do what they did *last time* they were in the playoffs, which was come back from a 2-0 deficit. In 1999, they came back and beat the Cleveland Indians by winning 2 at home and shutting them down again back in Cleveland. Of course, now we have to wait until Saturday to see what happens.
  • Reply 23 of 92
    Quote:

Ok, the Red Sox now have to do what they did *last time* they were in the playoffs, which was come back from a 2-0 deficit. In 1999, they came back and beat the Cleveland Indians by winning 2 at home and shutting them down again back in Cleveland. Of course, now we have to wait until Saturday to see what happens.

This is going to be the worst postseason ever.

I bet the rest of the postseason shapes up like this:

NLCS: Braves vs. Marlins

ALCS: As vs Twins

WS: Twins vs. Marlins

• Reply 24 of 92
    The American League is off today, but there are 2 National League games.

The Yankees managed to salvage a game at home last night, and now head to Minnesota where the Twins will probably have to make good use of their home field advantage to claim the series.

All series are tied at this point, except for the Boston/Oakland series where the Athletics have a 2-0 advantage. The Red Sox do very well at Fenway, though, so they can't be counted out yet.
  • Reply 25 of 92
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

The American League is off today, but there are 2 National League games.

The Yankees managed to salvage a game at home last night, and now head to Minnesota where the Twins will probably have to make good use of their home field advantage to claim the series.

All series are tied at this point, except for the Boston/Oakland series where the Athletics have a 2-0 advantage. The Red Sox do very well at Fenway, though, so they can't be counted out yet.

sure they can, they have to win 3 straight against one of the best rotations in baseball.... aint gonna happen.

Red Sox lose once again
  • Reply 26 of 92
    It's not like the Red Sox haven't done it before, and they do very well at Fenway Park.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens this weekend.
  • Reply 27 of 92
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

sure they can, they have to win 3 straight against one of the best rotations in baseball.... aint gonna happen.

Red Sox lose once again

Well, the Yankees did it to the As two years ago, so it's poooooossible.

The Marlins vs. Giants game is taking a few year off my life.

EDIT: Marquis Grissom is an idiot for trying to steal third with Alfonzo in the box and only one out. Alfonzo is on frickin fire, there's no reason to steal. Giants fail to score with two men on and only one out. Lame lame lame.
  • Reply 28 of 92
    CHOKE. OF. THE. MILLENNIUM.
  • Reply 29 of 92
    The Red Sox, Giants, and Braves all have 'must win' games tomorrow with only the Red Sox at home of those 3 teams. The question is, can the Giants and Braves force a Game 5 where they will have home field advantage?
  • Reply 30 of 92
    Quote:

The Red Sox, Giants, and Braves all have 'must win' games tomorrow with only the Red Sox at home of those 3 teams. The question is, can the Giants and Braves force a Game 5 where they will have home field advantage?

I don't know if you could get the feel of it by watching the highlights, but if Jose Cruz doesn't throw himself under the bus, I'd be happy to run him over a couple of times. Possible Gold Glover my ass...Dropping that routine fly in the last half inning was inexcusable and ultimately resulted in the loss. The Red Sox, Giants and Braves have NO chance.
  • Reply 31 of 92
    In Progress:

Giants/Marlins on ESPN2

Yankees/Twins on ESPN
  • Reply 32 of 92
    Worst postseason series...EVER. EVER.
  • Reply 33 of 92
    bagubagu Posts: 23member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Worst postseason series...EVER. EVER.

I disagree.
  • Reply 34 of 92
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bagu

I disagree.

You know what the worst part was today? Bottom 8th, the doorbell rings. It's FedEx with a thin envelope for me...my NLCS tickets. BURNED. Man, that's irony.

• Reply 35 of 92
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Awright, gonna have to weigh in here-- where are all the A's fans? Come on, ya'll, represent! As of Saturday afternoon, looking like yet another A's /Yankees showdown (not counting the Twins out yet, but...damn Yankees...). Sure, Boston could go all heroic on our ass, and it's not as if the Athletics haven't had just a wee bit of postseason heartache these last few years, still....gotta like our chances. Lilly finished strong, and if he can't get it done we get Huddy on three days rest... um.... did I mention Lilly finished strong?
  • Reply 36 of 92
    bagubagu Posts: 23member
  • Reply 37 of 92
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Great post season so far. I am loving the fact that we won't have to endure the drunken giants fans (a.k.a the "battery chuckers") till next year.

It was a fun series....loved watching another one of Bonds stellar post season performances. Heh.

Just hope either the Cubs or the Sox win it all.
  • Reply 38 of 92
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gilsch

Great post season so far. I am loving the fact that we won't have to endure the drunken giants fans (a.k.a the "battery chuckers") till next year.

It was a fun series....loved watching another one of Bonds stellar post season performances. Heh.

Yeah, he only had nine official ABs.

Frankly, I don't give a damn about "SoCal Giants fans." They're the same as most SoCal fans. Dirty, hostile, typical. And are you still going to ignorantly wail about the 'Dodgers fan' that was shot and killed?
  • Reply 39 of 92
    GO MARLINS!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 40 of 92
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Yeah, he only had nine official ABs.

Frankly, I don't give a damn about "SoCal Giants fans." They're the same as most SoCal fans. Dirty, hostile, typical. And are you still going to ignorantly wail about the 'Dodgers fan' that was shot and killed?

So what if he only had 9 official at bats? what did he do with them? I didn't know there was a minimum of at bats before you considered a post season another choke....or is that just another "knowledgeable" comment like the one about beach balls getting in the way of play? Nothing like bandwaggoner battery chuckers....

By the way, what are "SoCal Giants Fans"? do they throw batteries like they do up north? waaaahhhh waahhhhhh waahhhhh Bye bye Giants