I'm getting tired of this partisan nonsense

brbr
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm fed up with these jackasses that WANT to see the other party screw up. I'm fed up with these pompous self-righteous assholes that are literally PRAYING that no WMDs are found. I'm fed up with the witch-hunts from both sides.

This damages America more than anything else. Wanting to catch the President or a certain Governor in a screw-up is wanting to see the country or the state GET screwed up...and for what? To get your team...ERRRRRRRRR...political party a "win." While you win, the rest of America loses.

Frankly, I'm fed up that such a small minority of people are fed up. Until the Demorepublicratan Monopoly is broken, we won't see real progress.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 85
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    You completely misunderstood what he was saying.
  • Reply 2 of 85
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

You completely misunderstood what he was saying.

Indeed. He still doesn't get it. Just look at his reply sandwiched between ours.
  • Reply 3 of 85
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

I'm fed up with these jackasses that WANT to see the other party screw up. I'm fed up with these pompous self-righteous assholes that are literally PRAYING that no WMDs are found. I'm fed up with the witch-hunts from both sides.

This damages America more than anything else. Wanting to catch the President or a certain Governor in a screw-up is wanting to see the country or the state GET screwed up...and for what? To get your team...ERRRRRRRRR...political party a "win." While you win, the rest of America loses.

Frankly, I'm fed up that such a small minority of people are fed up. Until the Demorepublicratan Monopoly is broken, we won't see real progress.

Well, I don't have a team.

I agree with you 100%, but the fact is that right now we are in a completely different situation than usual. Maybe after a couple administrations can your post become relevant again, but the situation with the Bush admin can't be equated with any previous one.

The "Go Team!" analogy certainly is a good one. However, I'm not sure I've met anyone that is "praying no wmds are found." It seems to me that this statement fundamentally misunderstands the issues.
  • Reply 4 of 85
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

Maybe after a couple administrations can your post become relevant again, but the situation with the Bush admin can't be equated with any previous one.

I don't like Bush much but my statement stands just fine during any administration. Hoping for a screw-up to occur because it would advance your own political motives is sick and destructive.

Quote:

The "Go Team!" analogy certainly is a good one. However, I'm not sure I've met anyone that is "praying no wmds are found." It seems to me that this statement fundamentally misunderstands the issues.

I do know these people. Some even exist on this board. They are quite scary.

When Bush entered into office, I already didn't like him. I didn't like his politics and frankly the guy gives me the creeps. HOWEVER, I hoped he would do a good job. I hoped he wouldn't screw up. I didn't want to see the country driven into the ground and for him to take the fall.

I'm sorry but people have been after him from day one, searching desperately and sincerely hoping he would fvck something up. These same people cried foul when Clinton was subjected to a witch-hunt and 8 year smear campaign. What happened to either president isn't fair and those who are glad it happened are the real anti-americans.
  • Reply 5 of 85
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

I don't like Bush much but my statement stands just fine during any administration. ... When Bush entered into office, I already didn't like him. I didn't like his politics and frankly the guy gives me the creeps. HOWEVER, I hoped he would do a good job. I hoped he wouldn't screw up. I didn't want to see the country driven into the ground and for him to take the fall.

I didn't like Bush either, but I didn't worry too much about it. Things were going pretty good in the US, and I'd figure his admin would work to keep that going.

But that changed bug time. You simply can't equate the events during or policies of the Bush administration with any other.

Quote:

What happened to either president isn't fair

You are joking, right?

Quote:

and those who are glad it happened are the real anti-americans.

Americans really need to lay off calling other americans that unless they are working to undermine the constitution.
  • Reply 6 of 85
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

I don't like Bush much but my statement stands just fine during any administration. Hoping for a screw-up to occur because it would advance your own political motives is sick and destructive.

I do know these people. Some even exist on this board. They are quite scary.

When Bush entered into office, I already didn't like him. I didn't like his politics and frankly the guy gives me the creeps. HOWEVER, I hoped he would do a good job. I hoped he wouldn't screw up. I didn't want to see the country driven into the ground and for him to take the fall.

I'm sorry but people have been after him from day one, searching desperately and sincerely hoping he would fvck something up. These same people cried foul when Clinton was subjected to a witch-hunt and 8 year smear campaign. What happened to either president isn't fair and those who are glad it happened are the real anti-americans.

BRAVO BR!!!! You NAILED IT!!! I think what is worse than the "people" Joe and Sue on the street being for a certain "team" is the fact that the leaders of the two parties you mention create the "drumbeat" that these sheep on both sides fall for like COMPLETE FOOLS.

I will tell you what gives me pause and that is this:

I have no desire any longer to vote for a single candidate for a single office in the country. Sad I realize but sadly true...

It seems all parties Dem, Rep, Ind, Gre, Soc, Com, fill in the blank they ALL play us as sheep in the end. We have nobody with real concern to advance the well being of the people rather only clowns who only care to profit themselves and their buddies and to fight for their "grab to power and the preservation thereof".

I think you are light years ahead of the curve with your views expressed in this thread.

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO!

Fellows
  • Reply 7 of 85
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

Americans really need to lay off calling other americans that unless they are working to undermine the constitution.

Hoping for the President to fvck something up is hoping for America to feel the effects of that fvck-up. I know people that literally become elated when the unemployment figure rises. They hate Bush so much that they want innocent american citizens to suffer with a bad economy that lasts until election day.

I agree that the term anti-american is used too often and 99% of the time it is used incorrectly. HOWEVER, if the term anti-american is to be bandied about, it should be properly applied to those on both sides of the aisle who wish to see America suffer for their own political gain.
  • Reply 8 of 85
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Hoping for the President to fvck something up is hoping for America to feel the effects of that fvck-up. I know people that literally become elated when the unemployment figure rises. They hate Bush so much that they want innocent american citizens to suffer with a bad economy that lasts until election day.

I agree that the term anti-american is used to often and 99% of the time it is used incorrectly. HOWEVER, if the term anti-american is to be bandied about, it should be properly applied to those on both sides of the aisle who wish to see America suffer for their own political gain.

BR you are overflowing with INTEGRITY AND I LOVE IT!

I hope that more would adopt a supreme level of INTEGRITY which you clearly display here.

Fellowship
  • Reply 9 of 85
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Hoping for the President to fvck something up is hoping for America to feel the effects of that fvck-up.

As a non-American, I am wide open to accusations of anti-Amercianism but the President has *already* fvcked-up, and America is *already* feeling the effects of those various fvck-ups.

The only way that America will escape further fvck-ups is if the Democrats get their act together, or there is some major reinvention by the moderates within the Republican party.

Both of these aims are aided by Bush and his cronies getting called out (and possibly brought to justice) for the things that they have *already* fvcked-up.
  • Reply 10 of 85
    Quote:

Originally posted by stupider...likeafox

As a non-American, I am wide open to accusations of anti-Amercianism but the President has *already* fvcked-up, and America is *already* feeling the effects of those various fvck-ups.

The only way that America will escape further fvck-ups is if the Democrats get their act together, or there is some major reinvention by the moderates within the Republican party.

Both of these aims are aided by Bush and his cronies getting called out (and possibly brought to justice) for the things that they have *already* fvcked-up.

I agree with that.
  • Reply 11 of 85
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I'm very bored with the "gotcha" media. Endlessly reporting petty little bullshit that in the end has no impact on anything at all. Running with non-news stories because there's an allegation that something may have happened or not happened that may or may not be bad or good but they'll run it up to see if it gets ratings.
  • Reply 12 of 85
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Sorry, but it's only your self-righteous arrogance that lets you believe you're the only one able to 'rise above' the political fray. Please don't take that as a personal attack, but I think it's true.

I would venture to guess that 99% of the people hoped beyond all hope that Bush would 'do a good job,' it's just that what some people consider a good job is so far from anything that Bush has done, and frankly would never do since he's a conservative.
  • Reply 13 of 85
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

and frankly would never do since he's a conservative.

GO TEAM!
  • Reply 14 of 85
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    Quote:

I'm very bored with the "gotcha" media. Endlessly reporting petty little bullshit that in the end has no impact on anything at all. Running with non-news stories because there's an allegation that something may have happened or not happened that may or may not be bad or good but they'll run it up to see if it gets ratings.

i lay this at the feet of the 24 hour "news" concept.
  • Reply 15 of 85
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    BR, I'm glad someone feels my pain....

• Reply 16 of 85
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    Alot of us who voted against Bush... knew his poilcies were bad... and didn't believe his "compassionate conservative" schtick... if you want to be apolitical... or independant... fine... but don't go pointing fingers when alot of us practically predicted this is what Bush would do when he got into office... I never hoped Bush would fail to be a good leader... but I had a hunch he would. None of his policies hold up under the light of day.

Part of being in a two party system is that you preceive your party to be better... you want your guy to be president... and you hope when you're guy isn't in... they don't screw things up too badly.

OF COURSE one party is going to criticize the other when things aren't going well...
  • Reply 17 of 85
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Partisan or not, the Dems in 2004 have the best rallying cry EVER:

GO TEAM!!!
  • Reply 18 of 85
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

All fine and dandy - great rant by the way

Point is, however, you are not going to change anyone or anything by complaining. As the lucky citizen of one of the most dynamic countries in the world, you have options. Use them.

Depending on your political creed:

- write to the french embassy, telling them you liked the way they spoke out against Bushes war plans, but in order to help the iraqui people, would they please help *now*

- write a letter to the editor the next time a journalist delivers a totally one sided piece of crap.

- check the protocols of the senate and house discussions and votes. Pick the greatest opportunist and the guy with the most cojones and write a letter to them detailing how their behavior is going to influence your voting pattern.

- next time an actor runs for governor, take a plane ticket and paste the guy with a cream cake. Tell the press you did it because the guy was confusing an election with a movie and has really no competence whatsoever.

- Donate money to a presidential candidate who is not completely streamlined even if every newspaper picks on him.

There is more, but you get the idea: act, don't complain.
  • Reply 19 of 85
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Smircle

- next time an actor runs for governor, take a plane ticket and paste the guy with a cream cake. Tell the press you did it because the guy was confusing an election with a movie and has really no competence whatsoever.

You should have add to choose carefully the actor you want to paste : choose a weak one, build like W Allen, and not a terminator builded one
  • Reply 20 of 85
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    How bout Dennis Miller! He's alot wimpier than Arnold... Republican's in California are trying to get him to run next year for something.

If Ahnold wins will he be called Governor Grope? hehe