What's up? I'm new here...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Yeah. I'm pretty new here =) Just signed up. I figured I'd come here and read all the posts and gather as much information I can pertaining to the PowerBook because I plan on getting one around Christmas time Enough of the Windows world. Well, I'll be using Windows for my desktop computer, but I need a laptop and plan on going for the PB after playing with my friend's one.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Welcome!
  • Reply 2 of 15
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Get ready to install Linux on that desktop.

Oh and hi.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    rob5rob5 Posts: 7member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Get ready to install Linux on that desktop.

Oh and hi.

I have Linux on the other one... :/
  • Reply 4 of 15
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    You're half way there.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

You're half way there.

The other half?
  • Reply 6 of 15
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    welcome Rob5 . . . better lay our politcal allignment on the table PRONTO we gotta get things straight right off the bat \
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Yeah man, this is AO. Watch out for the flying crap.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Yeah man, this is AO. Watch out for the flying crap.

• Reply 9 of 15
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    hi rob

welcome! after some time with macs you become like me ... browsing forcedly one in the while wiht win2k and IE and thinking half of the time why you don't see the dock..!
  • Reply 10 of 15
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Hi Rob. Welcome.

As far as PowerBooks, right board, wrong forum... not much is "up" in here, except people's tempers usually. Lot's of political, religious and otherwise heated debate in here. Though there are of course random threads to do with any ole topic for fun. I would just lurk in this particular forum for a bit to get an idea of who stands where on what before posting, but of course feel free to chime in if there's something you feel strongly about.

BTW, I'd get the 15" PB unless you're after the huge screen for presentations or the small book for weight considerations. The 15" is "teh winnar" as many an illiterate geek will tell you.

• Reply 11 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Hi Rob. Welcome.

As far as PowerBooks, right board, wrong forum... not much is "up" in here, except people's tempers usually. Lot's of political, religious and otherwise heated debate in here. Though there are of course random threads to do with any ole topic for fun. I would just lurk in this particular forum for a bit to get an idea of who stands where on what before posting, but of course feel free to chime in if there's something you feel strongly about.

BTW, I'd get the 15" PB unless you're after the huge screen for presentations or the small book for weight considerations. The 15" is "teh winnar" as many an illiterate geek will tell you.

ah i see, looks like i'll just be lurking this forum then i'll probably be posting in the hardware/software section mostly...

yeah i was going to get the 15" PB because that's what my friend has and it looks like it's the best choice... the 17" is nice, but theres too much open space near each side of the keyboard for me and the 12" is way too small.... 15" is just right
  • Reply 12 of 15
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Sounds good. I'll check into the HW and SW forums in a few to see how you like your new purchase. I'm half-tempted to get one myself just because of the portability / nice balance of features. However, a G5 tower is going to provide a lot more utility for the dollar in my case. I need a real workstation more than a go-anywhere computer.

Anyway, Good luck!
  • Reply 13 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

welcome Rob5 . . . better lay our politcal allignment on the table PRONTO

If he (I'm guessing Rob5 is a he) runs Linux then he's obviously a communist.

Welcome comrade
  • Reply 14 of 15
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Welcome to Appleinsider's web forum...

• Reply 15 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Sounds good. I'll check into the HW and SW forums in a few to see how you like your new purchase. I'm half-tempted to get one myself just because of the portability / nice balance of features. However, a G5 tower is going to provide a lot more utility for the dollar in my case. I need a real workstation more than a go-anywhere computer.

Anyway, Good luck!

thanks

i probably won't be getting the powerbook until november or december, so until then i can lurk around these forums and learn some more stuff

i'd probably get a g5 tower but i just got done building my own desktop and don't need another one.. i need a laptop and the powerbook looks awesome... even comes with integrated wireless lan for my network

cya