Holy Bat Signal!

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

Also, you mean that you "concede', for "conceed' isn't really a word

Oh no no no. I "Con" (as in dupe) Ceed (as in the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department ). So I can ConCeed into inventing a spell checker built into my PC browser for free.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

Well that's cute. Is this 'supposed' to be at all stores? Many are in malls so where would the light be put? At the entrance? Folks won't understand the purpose. This also seems a tad wasteful. How many copies can they REALLY sell the first three or four days. A couple hundered? Hardly worth the cost of spotlights and custom covers.... Besides. It feels rather un-apple.

The concept of the X is kinda stupid, but you're dead-wrong about "only a couple copies" being sold. Panther is even more anticipated than Jaguar, and that's saying something.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Panther is even more anticipated than Jaguar, and that's saying something.

I dunno about that.... I saw a lot more press for Jag then I'm seeing for Panther...

Jaguar was 'groundbreaking'. Panther is 'breakingground'. Subtle difference, but difference none the less...

Jaguar brought us EVERYTHING (more or less) that we love about X. Jaguar brings us.... proper user switching, proper iChat (debatable), faxing (which was long over due), new Mail (also LONG overdue), and a revamped finder (WAY WAY OVERDUE).

So lets see... hum.. IMO Panther just fixed the gripes we had with Jaguar. Still a 'must buy' but as for totally new stuff? 64 bit and that's it. (again IMHO)

Jaguar really paved the way and was a HUGE move away from X.1 I'd like to see even better stuff with Panther, but I'll settle for the 'fixes' it offers over Jaguar.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Quite Like Myself

I dunno about that.... I saw a lot more press for Jag then I'm seeing for Panther...

Jaguar was 'groundbreaking'. Panther is 'breakingground'. Subtle difference, but difference none the less...

Jaguar brought us EVERYTHING (more or less) that we love about X. Jaguar brings us.... proper user switching, proper iChat (debatable), faxing (which was long over due), new Mail (also LONG overdue), and a revamped finder (WAY WAY OVERDUE).

So lets see... hum.. IMO Panther just fixed the gripes we had with Jaguar. Still a 'must buy' but as for totally new stuff? 64 bit and that's it. (again IMHO)

Jaguar really paved the way and was a HUGE move away from X.1 I'd like to see even better stuff with Panther, but I'll settle for the 'fixes' it offers over Jaguar.

Have you even bothered to look and see what else Panther includes? Expose? .DOC support in TextEdit? Threads in Mail? The list goes on and on and on and on.

You're right about the press stuff. My local paper(in a town of 28000) ran a quarter-page piece ON THE FRONT PAGE about Jaguar. Of course, that was after it was releasead to the general public.