PCI-X graphics card for dual G5?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
What are the options for adding a second display card to a dual g5? From what I've read, older 33 and 66 mhz cards do not work correctly with the PCI-X slots. Someone please correct me if this in wrong.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    stevesteve Posts: 523member
    I thought the 8X AGP card in the G5 <i>was</i> a dual display card, just like every Power Mac shipped in the past half-decade or so.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Steve

I thought the 8X AGP card in the G5 <i>was</i> a dual display card, just like every Power Mac shipped in the past half-decade or so.

It is a dual-display card, but I'm interesting in connecting a third display.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    stevesteve Posts: 523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnny_chrome

It is a dual-display card, but I'm interesting in connecting a third display.

MADNESS
  • Reply 4 of 10
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    INSANITY
  • Reply 5 of 10
    PRACTICALITY
  • Reply 6 of 10
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Dual 23" Cinema Displays grants you a resolution of 3840 x 1200. Surely you don't have a pr0n addiction that requires THREE displays.

One cinema display is roughly 1/6th of a metre squared. So, why do you need THREE displays, or half a metre squared, for your computer?

Barto
  • Reply 7 of 10
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Cinema displays are very expensive. It's sometimes cheaper to get 3 or 4 17" panels.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    This is Major Tom to Ground Control...
  • Reply 9 of 10
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    Most older PCI cards will work.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    We are all just JEALOUS.