Panther Logo...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 39
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ryaxnb

It reminds me of UNIX. Ick. Consumers should not be intimidated by UNIX-like things.

How many average consumers know UNIX even exists anymore?
  • Reply 22 of 39
    I for one...
  • Reply 23 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

How many average consumers know UNIX even exists anymore?

UNIX derivatives run 2/3 of the Internet. The other 1/3 succumbed to the Dark Side. m.
  • Reply 24 of 39
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ryaxnb

It reminds me of UNIX. Ick. Consumers should not be intimidated by UNIX-like things.

If there's no Terminal needed, then the consumer will never know what's under the hood. That's for us geeks. What's actually under there is irrelevant.

Besides, if it invokes in the consumer's mind the security and strength of Unix, then that's a *good* thing.
  • Reply 25 of 39
    And it might even get joe sixpack to want to learn how his computer (and Unix) workes.
  • Reply 26 of 39
    g::mastag::masta Posts: 121member
    i for one think the new X is super cool.

of course I am from the "classic" design school who think less is more.

let's think which OS looks & feels more solid:

winBLOWS ; bright colourful EVERYTHING with bright blue and green blobs everywhere

OS X: simple, clean, a splash of colour here and there. rock solid

i go for the latter.

but then again, my mom says I am special...
  • Reply 27 of 39
    It still looks like the X-Files logo and not nearly as elegant as the Aqua X. \
  • Reply 28 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jim Paradise

It still looks like the X-Files logo and not nearly as elegant as the Aqua X. \

Hell, you'll only see it in the installer. It's just a logo! m.
  • Reply 29 of 39
    I'm of the 'less is more' camp, too.... that's why is pisses me off that Apple sees fit to bevel the edges of everything, and adds 'brushed metal' textures to the letter 'X'.

IMHO, a simpler, sans font in plain '66% black, 33% white' grey would look much classier than these feeble new X logos. Kinda like the apple logo when you boot up 10.2, before the 'starting <x>' screen appears.
  • Reply 30 of 39

Not quite accurate, but rather amusing. (Found upon the Gnutella network some time back.)
  • Reply 31 of 39
    discocowdiscocow Posts: 603member
    Before WWDC that is exactly the kind of picture that popped in my head when I read about 10.3. Pink panther baby!
  • Reply 32 of 39
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    That's pretty funny. Actually chuckled. A proper spoof, well done.

I'd actually forgotten all about the Pink Panther!

I used to watch the cartoons when I was a boy (this was the early/mid 70's and I think they came on Saturday mornings?)

I'm not 100% certain, but were they part of (or tied into) that whole Tennessee Tuxedo/Mr. Peabody group? There was a little niche of cartoons that weren't WB/Looney Toons or SuperFriends that I found very amusing as a 6 year old...

• Reply 33 of 39
    yah great job on the pink panther spoof...

I thought it was very funny.
  • Reply 34 of 39
    dc3dc3 Posts: 9member
    Tennessee Tuxedo, Underdog, et al, were part of The Bullwinkle Show [1961-1973]. The best cartoons ever-- Pink Panther and Warner Brothers notwithstanding.
  • Reply 35 of 39
    jimzipjimzip Posts: 446member
    That's good! Very funny stuff.

Did you make it or find it?

The picture of the panther on the box is what got me laughing..

Jimzip
  • Reply 36 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jimzip

That's good! Very funny stuff.

Did you make it or find it?

The picture of the panther on the box is what got me laughing..

Jimzip

I was searching over a month ago for certain Panther-related disc images (not to specify which ones...) and came across this image. I've no idea, unfortunately, as to its origin or artist, and so cannot give credit. If anyone knows, do speak up!
  • Reply 37 of 39
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by andrewm

If anyone knows, do speak up!

It was our very own Ti Fighter about 6 months ago.
  • Reply 38 of 39
    he he, yea that thing spread around.

thanks for the heads up 709
  • Reply 39 of 39
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    It's so funny but also so professional, I think it would be perfect, no modification needed.