Let it be.....naked

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Musi...tbe/index.html

bit interesting. i hadn't known about the release until today

has anyone heard any of the "new" tracks?

like it better/less/whatever?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    if they had any sense they'd call it "Get Back."
  • Reply 2 of 12
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    the choice of title strikes me as bit unBeatlesish to me

\
  • Reply 3 of 12
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    This is what's usually known as 'Get Back', the original title for the album Let it Be before it was reworked by Phil 'the murderer' Spector. The new track is actually a single that you've probably heard (or try this for maximum cheese.)

I definitely prefer the title Get Back, but either way I'm glad they're finally releasing the album. It's how it was originally intended to be released. I'm sad about them cutting Dig It and Maggie Mae, but I've still got the original release. And Dig It is available in bootleg format in an 8+ minute version. Hopefully they'll go back and release more old stuff, and the movie LET IT BE, the best concert video ever made.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Phil 'the murderer' Spector

I hope your referring to his actual murder of that woman rather than the metaphorical 'murder' of Let It Be because he gets a bum rap for the latter.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Do you mean the murder that he is alleged to have committed as opposed to the syrupy songslaughter of The Long and Winding Road?
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Well I was talking about the murder of the woman, not of the music (attempting to walk a thin line....)
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Bunge, i was referring to Stupiders phrase "his actual murder of the woman" and his supposed bum rap for Let it Be- female choir and all that. Peace.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    That?s news to me, but then again I don?t follow new Beatles releases. I didn?t much approve of their selection of songs on ?Number 1?, I?ll haf to look into this one.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by El Pinguino

That?s news to me, but then again I don?t follow new Beatles releases. I didn?t much approve of their selection of songs on ?Number 1?, I?ll haf to look into this one.

you don't approve that they went to no. 1? that was the sole criteria, no?

no. 1 in us or uk.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by El Pinguino

The Beatles didn't really select the songs on that album, the fans did. It was a CD with all of their #1 hits. Of course, they could have not released it, but it was just a novelty.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

The Beatles didn't really select the songs on that album, the fans did. It was a CD with all of their #1 hits. Of course, they could have not released it, but it was just a novelty.

i think it was a good idea, it's not for you or me obviously, but it exposed the fabs to a lot of new listeners.

i thought the big shame was that all the media exposure went to the release of the anthology series, they sold so well, and i thought at the time that these three anthologies are probably the only beatles cd's in many peoples collections, which would be a shame. no. 1's rectified this.

as for let it be, the nice thing about the album and hopefully the reissue will amplify this, is they were having fun.

the movie verifies this, in spite of the the arguments (george to paul "i'll play if you like or i won't play at all if you like") yoko's ominous presence and paul's seemingly inability to not be aware of the camera. there is a lot of fun in the movie. i'd kill to see a longer version of the movie, or actually just a reissue of the movie.

caveat: i admit to liking the strings on "winding road"
  • Reply 12 of 12
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    I'm happy to hear it, I never liked the Spectorizing on that album. It wasn't really his fault, though. This is almost a direct quote from John: "He was given the shi**iest bunch of poorly recorded shi* and he made something out of it.

Jeff