Who is buying a new PowerBook?

Comments

• Reply 301 of 336
    Wahhhhoooooo...... I finally get to get my first mac. I should hopefully be able to order today (the 7th).

15"

1.25ghz

1gig ram (single 512 from apple, then buy 512)

superdrive

80gig hd with 5400rpm upgrade

airport and bluetooth built in of course

Backlit keyboard (that will be kinda cool)

I cant wait. Im finally making the switch. Im tired of windows crap, and all the virus's and updates. I just had that qhost virus, aka the google virus, where you cant surf search engine websites. Took me 4 days to find out i had that virus. Ill update when i get to order it. I cant wait. IM GETTING A MAC!!!! YIPPY!!!!

btw, im new to the boards, hehe
  • Reply 302 of 336
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    Welcome killer its sunnier over this side of the street
  • Reply 303 of 336
    paispais Posts: 34member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Barto

... It's just too big for a really-portable computer. On top of that, the industrial design is identical to the 17", in fact you need the 17" next to it to tell them apart...

Seeing it next to a 12" shows how much better the 12" is, at least for my needs anyway. ...

Barto, I've got a Rev. A PowerBook 12", and I'm actually moving the other way.

I originally purchased the little PowerBook as an on-the-road computer, but I found that over time it became the only computer I used. (Everywhere, too.) Now that it's my workhorse, I'm planning on stepping up to the larger screen, faster processor, and more RAM. Although I agree that the 12" is designed to be conveniently portable, the 15" has power on its side (and some people prefer/need that).

It all depends on what you're looking for, I guess. The new 15" is the same size and weight as the Titanium (give or take), and I can't tell you how many people carry those around.
  • Reply 304 of 336
    Thanks, i always hated macs the past 7 years. Then a few months after OSX, i saw at compusa. Started messin around with it there, and fell in love. LoL. Thing of beauty. I cant wait till i get mine. No more crashes, hehe. And super fast computer. Im on a 500mhz celeron thats falling apart, LoL!!
  • Reply 305 of 336
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    Well from reports on 10.3, its only going to get better for you... have lots of fun
  • Reply 306 of 336
    WWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOO OOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I origionally posted that i was gonna get the 15" powerbook. I told you all i was ordering today (7th). Well guess what!!! My dad is gonna pay the 300 difference me for to get the 17" version. hehe. Him and i fought and argued so much about me getting this, spending this much. But he wants me to get the 17" version so it can have better resell value and be better for my graphics and video editing later on in college. hehe.

Im placing order in 1 hour from the post. I cant wait.
  • Reply 307 of 336
    I'm happy to post that I have received my powerbook this morning at 9:30 . Everything looks great so far (no latch issues or white spots). Charged up as much as it would go (98%) and am now draining the battery. I was curious if it makes any difference what energy savings setting you drain the powerbook on when calibrating . I have it set to highest performance right now...

I ordered a BTO 1.25GHz, 15" PB, 5400rpm, SuperDrive, 1-512 stick on 9/22, originally scheduled to ship 9/29. My ship date was bumped to 10/6, but then my shipment notification arrived on 10/1, cleared customs on 10/3, arrived today 10/7.
  • Reply 308 of 336
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    got my book 17'... its a bit on the big side but no regrets -- for a few hundred more than the equivalent 15' (in all respects but the obvious ones), i got a bigger screen and a faster processor....

discharging the battery as we speak....

that and updating the software... bounce bounce bouce...

restart
  • Reply 309 of 336
    taliesintaliesin Posts: 117member
    Called airborne this morning because as you know the website is useless. My invoice said I would recieve it 10/7 same with my ipod.

Well, they told me that my stuff was held up in customs and they did not know when they would deliver. Oh well, Later that day my wife comes to my studio tells me there is a package from apple. Sure enough it is my new pb, the one held up in customs

Well it is as far as I can tell, perfect! No weirdness at all. Pixels are good, latch seems okay, no clouds on the screen. knock wood. Maybe Apple has got the kinks worked out.

No ipod though, anyway back in the box it goes till I finish the railing
  • Reply 310 of 336
    Man, i hear you all got yours, makes me want mine even more. Do all macs get sent from outside of the USA? Cause i hear lots about peoples stuff goin through customs.
  • Reply 311 of 336
    Quote:

Originally posted by killer2239

Man, i hear you all got yours, makes me want mine even more. Do all macs get sent from outside of the USA? Cause i hear lots about peoples stuff goin through customs.

Yeah they ship them from Tiawan. Mine was built by Compal electronics.
  • Reply 312 of 336
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    My 15" Powerbook received today at the office. Wonderful machine?nice box covering the box, too. All looks good; forgot to bring my camera, so no photos of the "opening ceremony" this time folks.

All looks good. All this talk about maxing up the battery and then draining it has got me spooked. Anyone care to go over the whys and wherefores one more time?\
  • Reply 313 of 336
    Quote:

Originally posted by cazlar

Anyone know how long shipments take to get delivered to Australia?

Both for my iPod and my 12" powerbook (which was delivered 2 hours ago!) it arrived the NEXT day after i got the 'your item has been shipped' email. as in - i got the email last night at 7pm, and by 11am it was in my hands. kudos to star track couriers!

i'm loving my new 12" - superdrive, 80gb, no dead pixels, perfect finish - it's a ripper.
  • Reply 314 of 336
    Another switcher here. I placed my order on 10/7 and have a shipping date of 10/22. \

Here's my order:

APP FOR POWERBOOK-E/K-USA

MACROMEDIA-STUDIO MX 2004 ACADEMIC-USA

PBG4 15.2/1.25GHZ/512/80/SD/AP/BL/LL

APPLE WIRELESS MOUSE-ZML

PERSONALIZED IPOD 20GB-USA

I just got my Applecare today (big whoop) and the software and iPod are on their way. My iPod is shipping from Shanghai. Is that common? The mouse isn't set to ship until 10/17.

I can't wait until I don't have to look at my Wintel screen any more... At least I'm in the timeframe for the cheap upgrade to Panther. Rowrr.
  • Reply 315 of 336
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Picked up the 17-inch tonight at the Chestnut Hill Apple Store. By the way, the lighting is too bright in there. But I have it! Charging the battery and haven't even fired it up yet...so I have to go play.
  • Reply 316 of 336
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunrein

My iPod is shipping from Shanghai. Is that common?

Yes, my iPod came from somewhere over there too, when I ordered it online.
  • Reply 317 of 336
    666666 Posts: 134member
    Just got my 15 albook!!!!!!

****, this thing is sweet!!!!

Ok, now i'm trying 2 rememba what everyone has said to do & check with em...

so damn excited! haven't even opened my ipod yet!
  • Reply 318 of 336
    666666 Posts: 134member
    i don't think i'll sleep tonight, too many tunes to load up for my ipod!!! It's amazing how effortlessly everything worx, like getting your tunes into the ipod, downloading pix off my t610, safari RULES and no probs at all with my perfect pbook (touch wood)! It's a dream come true!

gawd bless apple, now i truely understand why my friends have been so nutz about em for so long.
  • Reply 319 of 336
    cyclecycle Posts: 187member
    for everyone with problems...plz sign

http://www.petitiononline.com/applelcd/petition.html

thx...
  • Reply 320 of 336
    Are you all ready for this bit of info? My 15" powerbook is shipping VIA FED EX!!!!

I just got my shipping notice today (a week before they said it would ship) and it's winging on it's way.