Take this with a shot of Whiskey, but...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I've been drunk for the past three days... so maybe that has something to do with it. But last night, I was trying to find something to listen to. I have 20GB of music in my iTunes library. After going through a lot of the typical music I would select, I finally settled on Tool.

Now, this is weird because I don't much care for Tool. My friend Darian took me to a Tool show about a year ago, and subsequently hooked me up with about 2GB worth of bootleg MP3s. I always felt Tool was too heavy for me... but over the past two days, the only music I can stomach is Tool. I was actually sober while the sun was out today, and I still only had ears for Tool. I can't explain it. I honestly cannot listen to anything else without receiving a headache in exhange.....

Anyone care to explain this to me?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Tool kicks ass.

Yes.

*fires up Lateralus to stay awake*
  • Reply 2 of 8
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

Anyone care to explain this to me?

Oh yeah...it's tribal music for people who can't dance.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    *plays Parabol, Parabola back to back, super ****ing loud, in honor of LoCash's epiphany*

• Reply 4 of 8
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Tool sucks and you should sober up buddy . . . . what in the world would compell you to be 'drunk for three days'?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

PS... don't really know if Tool sucks or not but chances are they do . . . especially if someone who is proud of a three day drunk says he likes them
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

Tool sucks and you should sober up buddy . . . . what in the world would compell you to be 'drunk for three days'?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

PS... don't really know if Tool sucks or not but chances are they do . . . especially if someone who is proud of a three day drunk says he likes them

An interesting comment from someone who plainly admits not to have heard Tool. A bit self-righteous as well. . . . anyway, I'll quit before I start a flame war.

Tool is a stange little band. A lot of people who don't like metal like Tool, perhaps because it's not fast. (none that I've heard) Also note that when I say fast I mean FAST. I own a bunch of speed metal CDs. To try to make a point, I have to agree that the utter lack of high frequency sound in Tool makes it easier on the ears when hungover, except for that painful little intermission thing in the middle of Aenima.

Personally, though, I think Metallica's And Justice for All succinctly outperforms anything I've heard from Tool in that metal subgenre. It's a bit faster paced though.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    Maybe I've been out of it, but did tool break up and Manard form a new band called "A Perfect Circle"? Or is it just a side project?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Quote:

what in the world would compell you to be 'drunk for three days'?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

He lives in Boston and the Red Sox won at Fenway on Sunday night.

*ducks the objects being thrown by LoCash*