Airport Extreme Drop Outs

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hello. I am having a problem with my Airport Extreme connection. Evey now and then my connections just drops out and the icon on the top bar just goes from all black to all grey which causes me to lose my network connection. I can usually see about three networks through my airport but when this happens it sees none. When I reboot my computer, everything is back fine again. Anyone have any idea what could be causing my network connection to just drop out randomly like this? It's not a huge deal to have to reboot but seems kind of silly that I should have to.

was happening on 10.2.6 and still happening on the newest version of 10.2.8.

Running a dual 1.42 powermac with airport extreme and bass station.

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mccrabmccrab Posts: 201member
    I have acquired the same problem recently after upgrading to a new 15" PB. The main problem I have is that my "always on" internet connection seems to drop out periodically. I recently bought an antenna for the AE Base Station thinking that it might help but it dones not seem to have mae any difference. Any assistance on this would be appreciated.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Yeah mine is set to always on as well. I don't think it has anything to do with my bass station or reception to it because my airport card can see three different networks when everything is working. (I live in a building where three apartments nearby have their own wireless networks.) When my connection goes out, the airport card can no longer see any network. It isnt until I reboot that it works. So it seems like it is something going on with the crad itself in the g4.

If anyone knows anything I'd appreciate it. Hopefully Panther fixes all of this.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    it would be a "known issue" if you visit the Apple Discussion board..

I have the same issue as well.. which AE can't keep up more than 48hrs. Apple is still investigating this problem.. no workaround yet.