eMac for me?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    The next eMacs will most likely be a lot like the current iMacs but maybe with not as good graphics and a few less features. Maybe smaller hard drives, and of course the CD-ROM model on the low end.

They already have Airport Extreme slots, and they never had L3 cache in the first place. If they move to 1.0 and 1.25 GHz, they could keep the low end on a 133 MHz bus and put only the high end on a 167 MHz bus. They'll probably get USB 2.0 and optional Bluetooth as well.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    One web site sugguests that the eMac update is ready to go... but there waiting for stock (ammount of emacs, not apple stock) to go down.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

They already have Airport Extreme slots, and they never had L3 cache in the first place. If they move to 1.0 and 1.25 GHz, they could keep the low end on a 133 MHz bus and put only the high end on a 167 MHz bus. They'll probably get USB 2.0 and optional Bluetooth as well.

Oops, my bad ... well... that's what i get for talking out of my @$$ again
  • Reply 24 of 26
    Hey does anyone know what will happen after 8:00 on 10.24 in terms of after that time if you buy a computer will they include the single user license in your perchase or will they open everything up and preload it right there? or will they give you the upgrade cd?

I would really like my eMac to come with the "restore", "install", and "software" CDs. with all the apps and things for panther and not have all the CDs for "jag".
  • Reply 25 of 26
    My advice? Wait a week then. That way you are 'sure' to get the proper disks, PLUS you don't have to live through the chaos of the 10.3.0 crisis. Wait till you see patches 10.3.1 or 10.3.2. *sage advice. *
  • Reply 26 of 26
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    This is Purchasing Advice. Moving to General Discussion now?