Night of the Panther

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
So,

does anyone think or know that if the applestore night of the panther if they will be giving out free goodies, like maybe a t-shirt, mousepad, poster, all 3.?? just curious.. n ever been to one of these apple special things at the stores.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    Sure hope they do. I plan to go after I get off work at 9... So glad it goes late. Except, I am unsure if they will do it at mine actually because it in in a mall that closes usually at 9 or 10.....
  • Reply 2 of 19
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    I think they gave away free t-shirts to the first x number of visitors at last years Jaguar party. I didn't go, but maybe I'll go to this one. I haven't been to the Apple store in awhile. Still haven't had a chance to check out the new G5s.
  • Reply 3 of 19
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jeremiah Rich

Sure hope they do. I plan to go after I get off work at 9... So glad it goes late. Except, I am unsure if they will do it at mine actually because it in in a mall that closes usually at 9 or 10.....

Dam, I didn't consider that. I might have that problem too. Maybe the malls will make an exception?
  • Reply 4 of 19
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Heh, the title of this thread made me think of the song "Eye of the Tiger." If 10.4 is called Tiger, they could have the whole tiger-stripe theme going on, and they could play Eye Of The Tiger on ads and in the stores, and maybe put that poem about the burning tiger in their stores too.

But unfortunately they're not capitalizing on the whole slew of Pink Panther stuff they could do. That would be cool... pink stuff all over the place in the stores, the theme playing, etc.
  • Reply 5 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

Heh, the title of this thread made me think of the song "Eye of the Tiger." If 10.4 is called Tiger, they could have the whole tiger-stripe theme going on, and they could play Eye Of The Tiger on ads and in the stores, and maybe put that poem about the burning tiger in their stores too.

But unfortunately they're not capitalizing on the whole slew of Pink Panther stuff they could do. That would be cool... pink stuff all over the place in the stores, the theme playing, etc.

Or, if they do release 8 way processor machines, the OSX for that could be based on a james bond film...Octap...y

• Reply 6 of 19
    So, is anyone gonna go, and if so what store? I may end up at the New Hampshire one..
  • Reply 7 of 19
    I'll be at the Cambridgeside Galleria store in Boston/Cambridge, MA! Don't miss your chance to kick it with one of AppleInsider's very own infamous mods! The almight LoCash!

Seriously, I'm almighty, I'll probably be there, and I'll be wearing a black fleece vest that says, "Mavic" on the front
  • Reply 8 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

I'll be at the Cambridgeside Galleria store in Boston/Cambridge, MA! Don't miss your chance to kick it with one of AppleInsider's very own infamous mods! The almight LoCash!

Seriously, I'm almighty, I'll probably be there, and I'll be wearing a black fleece vest that says, "Mavic" on the front

I prefer the one in NH, not really much further(from where I am coming from), better parking, nicer store,ect.
  • Reply 9 of 19
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Jack will be the only Mac geek there wearing a beret and sipping Jagermeister out of an Apple mug.

You are all lucky sonofabitches and I pray for your death.

(goddamned Canada...)
  • Reply 10 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Jack will be the only Mac geek there wearing a beret and sipping Jagermeister out of an Apple mug.

You are all lucky sonofabitches and I pray for your death.

(goddamned Canada...)

you mean Jack from ATaT? wouldnt he be in the boston store or peabody?
  • Reply 11 of 19
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by The General

you mean Jack from ATaT? wouldnt he be in the boston store or peabody?

Jack = LoCash = M3DJack
  • Reply 12 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

Jack = LoCash = M3DJack

oh ok, I was figuring maybe I could mug the other jack and get a free ATaT t-shirt.
  • Reply 13 of 19
    I'll be wearing my own AI shirt in ATLenox.
  • Reply 14 of 19
    :P So sorry to disappoint you people
  • Reply 15 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

I'll be wearing my own AI shirt in ATLenox.

Il be wearing one of my MaCUsers shirts
  • Reply 16 of 19
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Hey I just learned that I might have my iMac sold...tomorrow, actually!

So after I talk with this guy in a bit and we make the deal, I'm going to spend the rest of my Saturday gathering my personal stuff and burning backup CD or DVD (might even "lifeboat" my 10GB of music to my friend's iBook, just to keep it all together in one folder).

If this happens, by this time tomorrow I'll be Mac-less.

I'm TOTALLY prepared (and able) to wait two weeks for the Panther unveiling if there's a chance that they might have some sort of sale on hardware that night. I can't 100% remember, but I could swear that last year, during the Jaguar release at the San Diego Apple Store, they were having some "buy it tonight and save xx%" promos.

Did I imagine or dream that? Anyone know? I mean, I can EASILY go two weeks without anything if it means I could save a couple hundred bucks on my PowerBook in two weeks.

Also, if I DID buy a PowerBook on October 24 (probably will, it's looking like), chances are Panther won't be pre-installed. How does that all work out? Do I get ANY sort of reduced price if I want to buy the full boxed Panther that night, or do I pay the full $129 (I WANT the full boxed version and NOT the upgrade thing for $20).

Also, think they'll have other promos and giveaways?

My fantasy would be to go down there, get 10-15% off my PowerBook, get Jaguar, get a T-shirt and just when I think it couldn't get any cooler, turn around and win a 20GB iPod.

I'll probably walk out of there that night with: PowerBook, Panther, iPod, Bluetooth Mouse, AirPort Extreme Base Station, more or less.

• Reply 17 of 19
    Damn. While I can't complain about being in Europe this semester, if I was at school I would so be at the KoP store for this. Oh well. (while my location says Salzburg, I'm actually in Krakow right now...I think I'll be somewhere in either France or Italy on that night Oh well. )
  • Reply 18 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

I'm TOTALLY prepared (and able) to wait two weeks for the Panther unveiling if there's a chance that they might have some sort of sale on hardware that night. I can't 100% remember, but I could swear that last year, during the Jaguar release at the San Diego Apple Store, they were having some "buy it tonight and save xx%" promos.

I beleive last year they had a deal if you brought panther, you got 10% of hardware you purchased at the same time.
  • Reply 19 of 19
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

My fantasy would be to go down there, get 10-15% off my PowerBook, get Jaguar, get a T-shirt and just when I think it couldn't get any cooler, turn around and win a 20GB iPod.

In my fantasy, they are giving away a top of the line G5 as grand prize.