Mozilla and default e-mail client - AAARRHHH!!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Caution - rant follows:

I love Mozilla, but it is bent on using it's own e-mail program. It stinks! And there is no way around it. I've tried everything - modifying the "user.js" file, modding the "prefs.js" file, changing the package contents of Mozilla.app, nothing works.

Therefore, everytime I click on an e-mail link, their own e-mail program (which stinks) launches.

What are they thinking? Mozilla is such a great program otherwise. Every time they release a new version, I look for the ability to change the default e-mail client. But noooo, they've made changes to Composer (who cares?) their Chat program (who cares?), and so on.

Anyway, thanks. If anyone knows a way around it, that would be great. Otherwise, it's back to crash-prone Safari, and Camino, which has no integrated Google, and hasn't been updated in about 8 months.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    gargoylegargoyle Posts: 660member
    I was gonna give some sympathy, but then I thought nahhhh, my safari is rock solid.... You must be experiencing "User Error"...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Another reason Safari rulez and mozilla s u c k s...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Camino nightly builds, while still lacking google integration (useful, i must admit), are pretty recent and very fast. Might be worth considering. Also, *gasp!* middle-clicking links opens them in new tabs, a la mozilla on linux/windows. Yay! That's actually my pet peeve with Mozilla on macs.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    th0rth0r Posts: 78member
    Here ya go

BTW, this was the first hit when I searched google for:

"Mozilla default e-mail client OS X"