Free Upgrade? I just purchased pb.

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    Well, I purchased my 17" iMac on September 28th from the local John Lewis department store here in the UK, and I qualify for the upgrade 8). Maybe it's worth trying the 'Up To Date' checker on the web site (assuming that you haven't already done so )

Dave.
  • Reply 42 of 48
    My Sept. 11 purchase of a 17" 1 ghz Pb qualified.
  • Reply 43 of 48
    unrelated: is 10.2.8 now worht the update? or is it still buggy?

this is means...

I RECEIVED MY POWERBOOK TODAY!!! ONE DAY EARLY!!!!

IT IS MY FIIIIIIIIRST MAC!!!! AAHHHHHH!!!!

and i'm in love.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    If you haven't installed the 10.2.8 upgrade yet, DON'T DO IT. It has lots of bugs and as long as everything is working fine as it is, you shouldn't install 10.2.8. Even the "fixed" version wasn't really fixed and some people still had problems.

Now, it is completely worth it to buy the Panther upgrade. Contact Apple and ask about their Up-To-Date program so you can get the Panther upgrade for $20. You can even modify the CDs (legally, as long as you don't publish how to do it or distribute it illegally) to serve as full install CDs rather than upgrade-only CDs.

EDIT: Ah yes, and I just called and qualified for the $20 Panther upgrade, even though I have an eMac purchased on September 15th. Looks like they're letting anyone who bought a Mac in the last month qualify, perhaps to get back some good will they lost with the Jaguar upgrades and .mac.
  • Reply 45 of 48
    666666 Posts: 134member
    common 'good customer service' sense should tell apple that the upgrade should be honoured from the shipping date, not the payment or order date. It should be more relative to the date of ownership and usage. DERRRR APPLE
  • Reply 46 of 48
    jamiljamil Posts: 210member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Masker

My September 19th purchase (9-20 delivery) 17" Aluminum 1.33 PowerBook has qualified for a $24 update to Panther.

Hopefully it will arrive.

MSKR

purchased mine on the 18th, received on 10/7 and apple updater cannot find my 15 inchers serial number ! i even registered the product twice.

if you purchased from the apple online store, what are you putting in as location?
  • Reply 47 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by 666

common 'good customer service' sense should tell apple that the upgrade should be honoured from the shipping date, not the payment or order date. It should be more relative to the date of ownership and usage. DERRRR APPLE

The way I understand it, you're not charged until it is shipped. That would be the purchase date. However, the order date is a different thing.