The best RAM?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
What do you have in your Mac? I'm leaning towards Crucial (good prices, and they seem reputable), but what do you guys think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

What do you have in your Mac? I'm leaning towards Crucial (good prices, and they seem reputable), but what do you guys think?

Also, I heard that the powermacs can be "quirky" when it comes to 3rd-party ram. Is this true? Are the 2x512 chips I'd buy from the Apple Store and more (or less) stable than the same chips purchased through Crucial or another 3rd party? Thoughts or tips appreciated. Thanks.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    jmoneyjmoney Posts: 133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stujay

Also, I heard that the powermacs can be "quirky" when it comes to 3rd-party ram. Is this true? Are the 2x512 chips I'd buy from the Apple Store and more (or less) stable than the same chips purchased through Crucial or another 3rd party? Thoughts or tips appreciated. Thanks.

I've never had a problem with Crucial, and with Free 2nd day shipping, they're really the best place to go. Great people to call if you have a problem as well (I had shipping problem not RAM problem)
  • Reply 3 of 3
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Crucial supplies Apple. They're pretty much rock solid. I'd go with them.