How to audioing with my pc buddies?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I've tried msn messenger, aol IM, but they are all failed, as we all know there is no ichat on windows, so any ideas on how to establish a audio chat between mac and pc, which good app should be recommended?

thx a lot, yo guys!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Because AOL sucks they have not implemented Talk in AIM X. This was in AIM for OS 9. They have had literally years. They must have .001 people working on it. It is one of the poorest excuses for software I have seen. I have consistently sent them a list of bugs they refuse to fix or even acknowledge by replying to me. First, after inserting a hyperlink, your text loses color and style and becomes black and underlined. Second, smilies sometimes don't translate from text to the smilie. Third, Talk is STILL MIA. There is no excuse. Either they get off their ass and hire someone competent or they open up AIM so someone else can do the job. Look at Adium and iChat AV (I'm sure 1.0 will clear up the interface oddities) compared to AIM X. They spank it. Tabs, for one, are a must. Also some people's profiles that show up fine on a PC don't show up right, broken links, etc. There are many other things in AIM >5.2 on the PC that have not been ported, although some is useless crap. I have to hand it to AOL they know how to suck. Suck it hard, and suck it long.

MSN, well, it's M$N.

It would be great if iChat worked with Talk on PC AIM.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    seen_xuseen_xu Posts: 134member
    but I think ichat av can not support audio function with pc users, so any other app can do this job?

I am seriously seeking one, hope yo guys can help!!!!
  • Reply 3 of 9
    ryukyuryukyu Posts: 450member
    Quote:

Originally posted by seen_xu

but I think ichat av can not support audio function with pc users, so any other app can do this job?

I am seriously seeking one, hope yo guys can help!!!!

You are absolutely correct that iChat AV will not allow you to audio chat with anyone on a PC.

I've been looking to and so far have not found anything that allows this.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    seen_xuseen_xu Posts: 134member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ryukyu

You are absolutely correct that iChat AV will not allow you to audio chat with anyone on a PC.

I've been looking to and so far have not found anything that allows this.

well, that's really bad.

mac loose the war at this aspect.

• Reply 5 of 9
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    For Windows

For Mac

Big program in gaming, it works very very well and quality is as good or as bad as you want it to be. Connection to multiple people works well also.

AIM X is the best client for IM out on OS X, you guys are crazy. But that doesn't mean it's great, but besides the banners, I like it a lot, some gripes but not as major as other programs.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    I've tested ophoneX on my local Network. It works quite well with Netmeeting. I've used it with my isight, but I believe you could use it for audio-only too.

Try it, it's free: Here it is!
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by future-ex-pc-user

I've tested ophoneX on my local Network. It works quite well with Netmeeting. I've used it with my isight, but I believe you could use it for audio-only too.

Try it, it's free: Here it is!

the function to be compatiable with netmeeting would be great, let me have a try of it.

thx for your help.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

For Windows

For Mac

Big program in gaming, it works very very well and quality is as good or as bad as you want it to be. Connection to multiple people works well also.

AIM X is the best client for IM out on OS X, you guys are crazy. But that doesn't mean it's great, but besides the banners, I like it a lot, some gripes but not as major as other programs.

after reading its instruction on the webpage, it may, for me, too hard to configure with a router, actually, I don't know how to make my router go well with this small app, it only indicate my router do not support UPnP feature, so any ideas about this?

thx
  • Reply 9 of 9
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:

AIM X is the best client for IM out on OS X,

Didn't say it wasn't, just said it sucked. Which is sad. Hopefully iChat AV will do what Safari did for our browser situation.